13 | Lasertag Champion

Jamie

I had called Skye a couple of hours ago and she had agreed to come meet me and the others to a game of lasertag. Right now we stood in front of the building waiting for Skye and her crew, she had said she would bring 'Wasted' and Jane along. We were all here, me, Dan, Tristan, Roland, Maggie, my buddy Pingu, Charli - she was Dan's roommate - even that guy Jaden had shown up, and I don't even think anybody had invited him but there he was.

The place we were standing outside of was the kind of place there had all sorts of stuff in it, like it didn't just have bowling and lasertag. No - no, it also got a swimming pool, a gymnastic hall, an arcade and loads more. It was geek heaven, so basically the place was huge, and people were streaming in and out of the door constantly.

The last couple of days my twitter had been going mad, it had overflowed with pictures of me and Skye dancing and being drunk as fuck, which had resulted in all my female fans - which unfortunately was most of them - going totally nuts. They had already assumed that I was with her, and that we were totally in love, or that she was a dumb, gold-digger bitch, which really pissed me off. Always have, always will. Don't go around saying shit about the people I choose to spent time with, if I didn't like them or if they were shit people, I wouldn't spent my time with them. Period.

I had just tweeted out as a response;

If you're mean to my friends, you're mean to me. So don't fuck it.

After that many had apologized or been even madder, but it was their problem not mine and besides Skye and I weren't dating or anything. Plus there was a chance Skye didn't have twitter, so she wouldn't notice all the hate she was getting for spending a night with me partying.

Skye and her crew walked up the street, talking and pushing each other around. I felt Roland stiffen beside me and he lent down to whisper something in Dan's ear who laughed at him. No wonder what that's about. One of Skye's friend looked like Roland's type, perfectly curved, shining brown hair, and so pretty you felt like you had to treat her like the queen of the world. He was probably planning on boning her.

They caught up to us and I greeted them, "that was about fucking time! Did you travel to Egypt on your way over here or what?"

"No, but we did swing by Italy while we're at it. Beautiful culture," Skye said sarcastically, tugging me in for a hug. I hugged her back tightly. People were looking at us while saying hallo to one another. Roland and the girl I assumed was Jane - Skye had said she'd bring 'Jane' - was scrawling at each other. So just maybe they had already slept together? Well, that was awkward ha? I laughed inward at them; they looked to be pretty unhappy with being near each other again.

"So you guys ready to get your arses kicked?" Skye said, threatening everyone around her, inclusive me. Bad call, I was excellent at Lasertag. I always won.

"I'm gonna kick your as all the way to the moon and back, don't worry about that," I boasted and followed the others into the super geek building.

***

Soon the war was booming, everyone against everyone. Ones you were shot, you had to wait till next round to be resurrected. It was called the elimination game. The place was dark and filled with hiding places and blind spots. Everyone was dead except Skye, Charli, Jane and me. It was me against these puny girls. I was so winning this. I ran out from my hiding place behind a something looking like a ruined and crumbled wall and shot Charli in the back. She hadn't even seen my coming.

"Too late sucker," I bragged and hid the exact same spot she had just left, grumbling at me, telling me to 'shut the fuck up'. Now it was only Jane and Skye to go. Chances were that they weren't working together anymore. They didn't want it, to come to a battle between the two of them. It suited me fine. It would make it easier to kill them.