23 | Tree Redheads

Jamie

My day had been to say it mildly, shit. First my inability to come up with useful song lyrics, then that shitface that was Mathilda and now Skye. Skye had told me, that because of my fame she couldn't be with me. Yet that wasn't the most traumatizing part, it was that she had added 'right now', she had left a gap open. She had not closed the effing door; she hadn't even said she didn't like me! It would have been so much easier if she had just said something along the line of 'no, Jamie, you're a little shitstain, now remove yourself from my sight', why couldn't she just have done that?

An overpowering urge to ram my fist into a wall and sulk down into a wave of agony and cry till Armageddon, shook my body. So of course I just stood there, frozen on the street. No, I'm not even kidding when I say frozen; I think my toes just might be dying. I couldn't feel them anymore. It was first when an elderly lady tapped me on my shoulder and said, 'sweetie aren't you getting cold' the only way an elderly can, that I began walking back towards my flat. Tristan must be waiting on the edge of his seat; I don't see how he could have missed what happened with Mathilda.

As I got in the flat I headed for the bathroom to soak my fingers in hot water. Soon I heard someone scrambled around in the living room, from the swearing I determined it was Tristan, he sounded like he had stubbed his toe or something equally painful. I turned on the faucet and a slathered my hands in the water, even though it weren't warm yet it sent shivers and tingling sensations up my arm and down my spine. Like a billion small ants was running just under the surface of my skin.

"Jamie, do you care to explain what happened before, I thought I heard Mathilda's voice!" Tristan said, I peered over at him though the corner of my eye, he was standing in the door to the bathroom. He had that face that said, 'you need to explain yourself young man!'

"You heard correct, it was her," I told him.

"What did she want?"

"I think you heard, she wanted me back," I informed him, a look of confusion went over his features.

"You didn't give in now did ya? For god's sake Jamie I heard distinctive snogging noise," he started to ramble. Tristan was one of my best friends, he always looked out for me and I for him. He was - to be really boyish, 'ma brotha from anotha Motha,' Along with Dan. Roland and I weren't too close, I don't know why.

"I kissed her-" I started, but Tristan cut me off.

"Please no... Why, Jamie?! You were down for weeks before you got over that cow, she isn't worth it!" Tristan spluttered.

"I know, Tristan!" I cut in before he could get himself even more hyped up.

"Then why did you kiss the girl?!" Tristan asked.

"A momentary weakness,"

"So that's what we're calling it now?" Tristan said disbelievingly.

"Tristan, would you not, Skye saw," I exhaled, making sure he understood the gravity of what I just said.

"Oh, you really screwed up, J..." He knew all about my huge crush on Skye, I didn't even know what had happened. One second she was 'just Skye' or more 'just the girl who sucker punched me' the next moment she was 'SKYE!' and I don't know what happened in between.

"Yeah you don't need to tell me," I agreed.

"Well, what are you going to do?" Tristan asked.

"That's what I was gonna ask you..." I sighed as he crossed the floor to stand next to me without saying a word, "Do you think I'll ever see her again?" I asked.