5 | The process of getting laid

• Dedicated to Caroline Lorenzen

Jamie C. Bower

As we walked into this Yuki's pub I glanced around. There was a lot cleaner in here than there had been at the place I had played at the day before. There was warm and filled with people, but not so crowded that you couldn't still walk around comfortably. Beers and other alcoholic drinks were being passed around. I could already feel a hell of a party coming on. I walked up to Skye who walked in front of me. She pointed at a guy sitting at the bar grumbling.

"That's the director, Anthony. He just fired me so everyone is ignoring him." She said smiling smugly, like she thought herself rather clever. I didn't see in when he should have fired her, but there we go.

"What do you mean, he fired you?"

"I changed the play a tiny bit and he disagreed with my 'vision'. So he fired me." she said and added "he's a real asshole."

I just nodded, I didn't know the guy so I couldn't judge him, (and I already learned firsthand how big of a pain in the ass Skye could be) but I could see he was a bad director, and if Skye said it would have been even worse than it already was, I was inclined to believe her.

Over by the pool table Tristan and Maggie Marmont were standing beers in hand, smiling and talking with two people. Some bulky, dark haired man and a tiny, blond girl. Tristan was playing the part of 'proud brother'. Yes, the play was horrible, but Maggie had done an exceptional job under the circumstances. Maggie smiled and waved at me when she saw me. She knew me because of Tristan. She obviously hadn't told Skye about me, then again, why would she? Tristan shot me a 'what the fuck' - glare, passing his eyes between me and the girl, Skye. I just shrugged, I don't know. I knew, I would have to explain what was up with me and this fucked up chick, and really, I had no idea. I didn't even know if going with her to this freaking bar was that smart of an idea, in the first place.

"I see", I just told her, now a bit distracted by words - or possibly words - Tristan tried to mouth, I did not understand one syllable. Essentially he was just making weird faces at me. So I turned to Skye and asked, "So who in here are easy?"

She gave me the raised eyebrow, again. It was annoying, because it made me feel like I was exceptionally stupid. A last she sighed pointing at a blond girl at the bar. The girl was wearing a skin-tight pink dress and her straight long platinum blond hair was hanging down her back. She looked slutty as hell, and didn't fit into this pub, at all. Her clothes and her facial expression simply screamed 'wrong place'. She belonged in a club, dancing on the dance floor with some guy groping her, not here with a bunch of theatre geeks.

There was a slight possibility that this wasn't that great of an idea. I never did very well with those kinds of girls.

"That's tiffany, she is an extra. She got in by sleeping with Anthony before he realized he was gay", Skye explained and turned to look at me. "Don't worry, she don't have any standards at all. You should be fine." Once again her words hit me in the face just like her fist had.

I had dated celebrities! Models even! I was the bomb! I was wanted by hundredths of girl, god damn it! This blond chick would be no problem what so ever. Not now when this redheaded maniac had just verbally assaulted me! I smiled cockily at Skye, letting her know just how wrong she was.

"Watch me", I challenged and walked up to the blond. I stood next to her looking at her out of the corner of my eyes. She was hot, but yet again she wasn't exactly my type. Luckily she looked easy enough. She looked unpleased with her whole situation, like this place was for dingy old people. I on the other hand found it refreshingly old school, I really missed that in bars and pubs now a days. But I decided to take advantage of her unhappiness.