20 | Gigs, chicks and rock n' roll

Skye

Kissing Jamie = Bad idea.

Not kissing Jamie = bad idea...

Do you see my dilemma? I can't even begin to figure out how I feel about him, he's drop dead gorgeous, handsome as hell, he has his moments of intelligence - once a week or so. I have to admit he's a brilliant actor, he's sweet and one of the only people I have met in a very long time that actually seems sincere. No bullshit.

But he is also Jamie... The guy who will for 10 bucks pee in some random guy's coffee or poop in the middle of a park filled with people if dared to do it. On the top of all that he also has patience shorter than a two year old toddler. The guy wasn't exactly what you would call normal - not even close, but he was Jamie.

The night was dark and without a wind to freshen up the streets of London. Everyone went about their business, clutching their jackets and newly bought scarves to protect themselves from the bitter cold November winds. The weather had within a couple hours changed from dull, grey and rainy to icy cold, starry and snow threatening. Every puddle on the ground was slowly icing over. Our breaths hang in the air like small clouds, arising from our mouths and nostrils, as if the human race may just turn into a pack of mighty dragons at any moment.

Jamie and I were pacing quickly down the street trying to keep the warmth in our bodies and maybe get to the pub just somewhat on time. The others would already be there by now, complaining over Jamie's absence. They would probably blame me for honking him when we final got there, none the less we hurried along.

We had consumed the whole pizza and a couple of pop tarts before finally declaring ourselves full enough to continue our errands of this evening. The target was Yuki's pub, where the gig was to be held at 10 PM this evening. Current time 10:07 PM, we were already late. Thankfully we had decided against taking Jamie's car, the argument being "it would be too difficult finding a parking spot near a pub at 10.00 PM on a Friday night." This assumption turned out to be very much correct. Cars filled the street and we would have been a lot more than 15 minutes late if we hadn't walked.

The street in front of the bar was filled to the brim, screaming, chattering girls everywhere. Almost all of them teenagers. Shit. As they saw Jamie coming down the street some of them started screaming and just before Jamie was evolved by a massive wave of teenage girls he whispered in my ear, "go find a good spot in the bar and tell the other I'm on my way, I can handle them," he pointed at the oncoming girls and pushed me carefully to the side, away from the tsunami of teenage hormones coming our way and towards the front doors of the bar that had just in a couple seconds gotten a lot more unoccupied.

I walked in I headed for the stage at the back of the room. Tristan, Roland and Dan currently inhabited it, at first they looked to be in good spirit, but as the girls filled out they started to pout.

"Losing your only admires?" I joked as I took a leapt up on the platform that was the stage. The pub looked as it always did: Dark woods on the floor and halfway up the wall; before it changed to reddish wallpaper, it was all very western. The pool table, the stage the two wood columns in the middle of the room and the round tall tables placed at the outskirts making space for a dance floor in the middle, add a bar to that and you have my favourite saloon.

"Hilarious, Skye..." Roland said shooting me a toothy grin, "where is Jamie, the bastard should be here by now," all of them looked at me as if I was to blame, which I was... But only partly!

"Give him a minute he'll have to get through the crazies out there," I defended him, if he hadn't pushed me away I would probably have been trampled by the wave. Dan was sitting behind the drums looking unexpectedly miserable, wonder what had happened to him. Had Maggie stopped talking to him or had his dog died - oh wait he didn't have a dog... It was Tristan who had a dog right? Oh never mind... though, had Maggie? No, he was probably just having a bad day... right? Of course he and Maggie was still on good terms, anything else would just be utterly ridiculous. Dan continued saying nothing all the same, so if I wanted to know I would have to ask him later.