15 | Casa de Skye

Jamie

My - not - so smooth attempt to ask Skye out had failed miserably. Like... look... okay... okay how could she get the idea of bringing Brad along, when I clearly stated 'just the two of us'? How could she possibly misunderstand that? I just don't... get her... one minute she looked like she wanted to snog me into the ground, then the next she seemed only to exist for the purpose of being a bloody pain in my arse! I couldn't for the life of me figure her out, plus she beat me at ice skating, so I was still kind of fuming over that. Seriously, who could do the pirouette and jump thing in real life? Oh Yeah well - let's see - Skye could. Plus she was hella fast. She was like a chipmunk on speed the way she sped around in that ice skating rink. It could drive me insane. I could never win with her apparently.

I had agreed to come get her and Brad at their house at seven. I rolled up 10 minutes late just to seem like hadn't been waiting the whole time, but that I actually had a busy life. They were not standing on the street as I had hoped, so I got out of my Jaguar, locked it and went up to the apartment complex. It was a very old building and it had it charms, but the inside was not very sustainable, the wooden steps up to their apartment squeaked loudly. The walls in the building was thin so even though I still was one floor under their flat, I could hear shouts, screams and cries coming from the flat above me, Skye's flat.

I had been here 2 times before. One time to pick Brad up, he had never seen the insides of a... well let's call it a gentleman's club. the guys and I had decided to show him. It was a weird experience to get hit on by other guys and it gave me a new found respect for women who had to put up with this at every other normal club. Though, it felt bloody fantastic. I had felt like 'that hot chick' the whole night! I think I got hit on by more than 50 guys, though the fact that I sat with my legs crossed probably did help. But at the end of the night I was still straight, believe it or not. The second time I came to pick them up was because we were all going somewhere; I can't remember where anymore that night had a lot of black holes.

I walked into their tiny kitchen and found Jane sitting in a chair with a piece of hair in her hand, sopping with tears streaming down her face. Something smelled burned in here and it only took me a couple seconds to register that Jane had burned off her own hair trying to curl it. She was wearing a robe and her makeup looked done to perfection. Brad was sitting in a chair next to her with a computer in his lap. He was wearing blue jeans and a shirt with the forever alone meme on it. Very Brad.

"Jane relax, I'll just google 'how to fix burned hair' and it will all be just fine!" Brad said reassuringly, it just made Jane sob even more, because you can't fix burned of hair. Somebody just needed to tell Brad that by the looks of it.

"Why did you burn your hair off, Jane?" I joked and sat down next to her, bad choice. If glares could have shot laser beams, hers would.

"Shut it, J! I'm not in the mood for your fucking games right now!" she cried, stood up and stomped out the kitchen.

"Jane! Sorry! I wasn't meant like that! I'm..." but then she was out of the room, my apology lost on her. I turned to Brad and he sighed.

"Turns out... You can't fix burnt off hair," he said and put his laptop on the kitchen table, sighing back in his chair.

"I could have told you that, Brad," I sighed, "so are you guys ready?"

"Skye have been trying to find an appropriate outfit for the last two hours, I think you need to go help her out. She is almost as out of it as Jane."

"Hm, where is Jane going anyways?" I asked out of simple curiosity.

"Well, nowhere now, but she had a date," Brad answered and I nodded huffing at his statement, girls was very much emotionally attached to their hair. After a small period of silence only interrupted by Jane distant crying and weird noises coming from what I assumed must be Skye room, Brad said, "please go help Skye out, I have tried and failed miserably, now it's your turn, muchacho!"