11 | A clash of worlds

Jamie

I was cleaning out the kitchen after having gone through both the living room and my bedroom, when Skye came in the flat again. She was wearing my clothes which were way too big for her, just like the onesie she kept pulling up her pants and the tee shirt slumped over her left shoulder. I was still feeling a little gross because I hadn't taken a shower yet, but I just didn't feel like it. I had no problem being a little disgusting and smelly.

"That was all of them" Skye said sighing, "Did you get this place looking presentable?"

"Yeah kind of, but I don't feel like cleaning anymore;" I said, I had removed all the shit that had been lying around and I had mopped up most of the spilled alcohol.

"I'm sorry I have to stick around for so long..." she apologized and then added, "but I can't really take Brad home yet, he would just vomit in the car."

"Don't worry about it, are you hungry?" I waved her of, turning around to the fridge to have a look at what I got. Some of the foods in there I didn't even really know what was, it was some health food Mathilda always had wanted to have lying around.

"Totally!" Skye exclaimed and went over to look in the fridge with me. I took out some cheese and ham and turned to her.

"French toasts?" I asked.

"Yes, please!" she said nodding almost violently and we quickly made them and went into the living room to eat and watch TV all at once. I quickly swallowed my sandwich, since my stomach had been growling like an angry dog ever since I woke up. After having watched TV in a couple of minutes I quickly started to get bored, so predictably I started fidgeting. Skye was on her last bite, she chewed and swallowed.

"That was so good" she concluded, closing her eyes in enjoyment of the food.

"Good, I think I'll get my guitar and play for a while," I got up to get my guitar from my room.

From the living room I heard Skye shout, "So what kind of music do you do?" I went back my acoustic guitar in my hand and sat down on the couch next to Skye, angled slightly toward her.

"Mostly alternative rock, but I do acoustic covers too, which is a bit more, you know for everyone," I said and started to strum and tune my guitar. Then I began playing some simple finger play just to warm up my slightly stiff fingers.

"Okay, play me something then!" she encouraged.

"Well like a cover or an original song?" I asked.

"Surprise me," she said leaning back, pulling her feet up under her bottom and smiling at me.

"I'll do a cover, maybe you'll know it," I said and started to play the intro to the song.

"Oh I know this one! I know this! Oh, what's it called! Oh god! " Skye exclaimed jumping up down in her seat trying to remember. Then I started to sing.

"I hurt myself today

To see if I still feel

I focus on the pain

The only thing that's real

The needle tears a hole

The old familiar sting

Try to kill it all away

But I remember everything"

I sang while Skye sat with closed eyes just listening. Then suddenly the chorus came around and sudden Skye began humming along, as I sang.