12 | Research

Skye

When we came home Brad went straight to the bathroom and locked the door, I just went to look for Jane. I quickly found her; she was slumped on the couch with a bucket next to her.

"Drink too much?" I asked as I sat down the plastic bag with my clothes.

"Shut up..." she growled as I went over to stare at her from the other end of the couch, she was wearing a big pink hallo kitty tee shirt with matching sweatpants. She looked up at me.

"Where'd you get those?" she asked looking me up and down, I looked down myself.

"Oh, they're Jamie's. I took a shower at his place this morning," I said, the time I had spent at Jamie's seemed like a blur. Kind of like a hotter more well-functioning world then my own. I watched as Jane's eyes widened.

"Wait! Did you do the singer?!" she cried emphasising the word 'do', and then covered her face with her hands as her own outbreak made her head hurt. As I said my tolerance for alcohol was starting to get pretty high so my hang over was almost gone already and it was only a couple hours over noon.

"No I didn't Jane! Who did you end up shagging anyway? The way you were looking they must all have been drooling all over you!" I joked and sat down on the couch next to her. The TV was on mute, making Kim Kardashian looking utterly hilarious as she bitched about shoes or something equally insignificant. Jane tugged her long brown hair behind her ears.

"Aaaah, I did the bassist, that big bulky guy," Jane said nonchalantly, "he left quickly in the morning. Thank god."

"Ha," I huffed, it wasn't news to that Jane did the biggest and most obviously good looking guy at the party, "what time is it?" I asked, big and bulky... That got to be Jane's type, she never slept with anyone who didn't resemble a building.

"It's ehm about tree P.M, I think," she answered.

"Okay, I'll go sleep or something," I told her and stood up to leave. Jane didn't answer she just slumped back in the couch. I went in to my tiny room and closed the door. It was rather messy, with several books, comics and scripts lying around on the floor and on every flat area. The walls were a dark orange colour and on the floor was grey carpet. In the corner stood an old messy bed with green bedding and with a night table made out of a broken drum. Next to that stood a low dresser with candles on it and in the other far corner stood a bookshelf with all kinds of crap on it. All my painting gear was in the middle of the room, making it look all that more crowded. I went over to my bed and passed out.

The next morning I was groggy, the clock on my night-drum-table told me it was 10:23. I pushed my hair away from my face and leant over to pick up my computer from the floor. I turned it on and I went to the bathroom and got some breakfast while I waited for it to come alive. With a bun I my hand I went into my room to check my computer, it was done loading. I sat down in my bed and turned to the start screen, I logged in and after a while of loading I clicked on the internet writing:

Jamie Campbell Bower

The first thing that popped up was his wiki page. God, the man had a Wikipedia page! He was like really famous. Him? He was a god damn weirdo, famous people was supposed to be cool! Maybe he hadn't gotten the memo.

This is what the page told me:

James Metcalfe "Jamie" Campbell Bower (born blah blah, yeah, I know) is an English actor, singer and model (model what the fuck? He looks like a trampled Abe to me!). Bower is best known for his role as Anthony Hope in Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street(hey wasn't that some musical thing...?), his role as Caius in The Twilight Saga(just scratch that already), his role as King Arthur in the Starz original series Camelot (okay, maybe I should check that out? See if it's any good) and as the young Gellert Grindelwald in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1(yes be already know this! Tell me something useful!). In 2013, he portrayed Jace Wayland in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.

I stopped and choose to take the latest edition of his work this, the mortal instruments thing. I had no idea what it was, but I thought it fair to take his latest work, because I was guessing that would express his acting limits and genius more truthfully. I went to Netflix to search for it, maybe I got lucky. I cheered silently, there it was.

The mortal instruments: City of bones

It sounded rather dramatic if you ask me. I clicked on it and the first scene was showing some red headed girl walking through, what was probably her house, talking on her phone. Apparently it was her 16th birthday and as all normal teens she wanted to go to a club. The movie progressed quickly to her and her friend, some Simon guy, in a club with quite a lot of weird looking people. Yes sure thing. Here he comes. Jamie. Wiki said he played a guy named Jace Wayland and he looked to be pretty badass the way he pierced that man -who by the way seemed to disappear afterwards... what the hell is that about? Of course the girl, 'Clary' saw the whole thing. Well no shit you black clothed people! You weren't even trying to like kill him in an ally or something, how stupid!

I quickly got into the film and my brain stopped yelling comments at the screen. I was at the end of the movie some hot man named valentine was kicking Jamie's arss, the fight scenes were beautifully done. I jumped up when my phone suddenly started ringing. It was a blocked number so I just declined it. It kept ringing. Again... and again... and again... and again.... Finally I lost it. I picked up the phone screaming,

"WHAT?!"

"FINALLY! Don't you know how to pick up your phone?!" It was a guy's voice. It seemed familiar I just couldn't place it.

"Who is this?" I asked still angry at them for disturbing my movie.

"I suppose, you would know me by now, Skye," suddenly his voice clicked in my mind.

"Jamie is it you?!" I asked "why are your ID blocked?"

"Well if I dial wrong, and it's a fan then I have to change my number to get rid of them, and to avoid that my number is blocked," he explained, I had never thought about that.

"Oh, then how do you have my number?" I asked suspiciously.

"Got it from Maggie," he answered and then continued, "wait, what is playing in the background? I thought I could hear myself!" At that I noticed that the movie was still playing pretty loudly, I quickly paused it.

"Nothing!" I said I felt as a child caught with its hands in the cookie jar.

"Oh gosh, you were watching my movie, weren't you?!" he laughed.

"What if I was? I wanted to know how good you are," I said firmly trying not to feel like at had been caught googling nude pics of him. Which I hadn't!

"And?" he asked, he wanted me to tell him something I just didn't know what exactly.

"And what?" I said while I log into 'Facebook'.

"What's your verdict?"

"Oh, I haven't seen the whole thing yet, so I'll get back to you on that." I replied elusively. I didn't want to tell him that I thought it was a pretty good movie so far. Boosting his almost inflated ego like that would do irreversible damage. He huffed.

"Oh okay," he said sounding like he was either mad or sad that I hadn't answered. Oh well he would heal, and then he went on "I actually wanted to ask you something," he declared.

"Okay, shoot away!" I encouraged.

"Skye, what do you know about laser tag?"

A/N: remember to VOTE, and maybe COMMENT if you are enjoy the story! tell me your thoughts it means a lot! thank you!