24 | Shadowhunter Boot Camp

Skye

It was the 21 of November and I and the whole new cast had sent on 'extreme shadowhunter boot camp' for 5 days. Almost everyone was here (or those who physical appearance mattered in the TV show, which was pretty much all of us. Shadowhunters was supposed to be awesome killing machines), some from the old cast had made it to the new but not all, either duo to 'having a booked up schedule' or simply not getting the role again.

Two day before my departure to the English countryside I had gotten a list of who was playing who, I hadn't gotten the whole cast only the ones they needed in season 1. This was some of what it said.

This letter contains part of the cast for the TV show 'the shadowhunter'. These are the ones you are going to be working with for the next couple of years if everything goes well.

Clary fray - Skye Delaney

Jace Wayland - Jamie Campbell Bower (from original cast)

Simon Lewis - Robert Sheehan. (From original cast)

Isabelle lightwood - Evelyn Georgia Smith X

Alec Lightwood - Patrick O'Neill X

Maryse Lightwood - Carla Gugino

Magnus Bane - Godfray Gao (from original cast)

Luke Garroway (alfa) - Aidan Turner (from original cast)

Jocelyn Fray- Marcia Cross

Valentine Morgenstern - Jonathan Rhys Meyers (from original cast)

Hodge Starkweather - Ridley Scott

Raphael - Jorge Martinez. X

The list went on, but I thought myself to be covered. Some of these people I had never heard about, so I assumed they like me were small time actors given an opportunity of a lifetime. I had sat an X on those I didn't know who was, or those Google or IMDB didn't even know, though quite a lot of the original cast had made it into the new production, but not all. I was very excited that Marcia Cross herself was going to play 'my mother'; they had really made a good choice of what hair colour was concerned.

We had been at the camp for 5 days, by now. We were supposed to be here for a whole of 2 months, learning how to fall down and fight, Jamie had to learn how to do back flips and all kinds of other flips with all the other shadowhunter, including me. I might start of as a regular human but as the show progressed they would need me to - and I quote - 'become more than normal teenage girl badass'.

All of us had been going at it from day one, whipping ourselves into the shape of a lifetime, Jamie had dug into the training even more keenly than everybody else. The director had told him to gain as much muscle as he possibly could during these weeks, they needed him become a sex symbol nobody anywhere would question. In the movie he had been too skinny they said, so he was on a serious bulking up diet. So far it seemed to be working, his skin had within a couple of days obtained that 'I'm healthy' - glow, like all of us had. I myself couldn't find any changes in my exterior yet, but then again I wouldn't really expect that since we were only on day 5. There was things like Running, cross fit, HIIT and Pilates, Swimming, Kung Fu/Balance training, Weightlifting, fall technique, stunt, spinning, mixed martial arts, yoga and stamina training on my schedule, it made me unable to breathe just thinking about how much I had to learn.

We had arrived on a Sunday which made us able to start head on Monday morning, everybody panting from the initial two hours of cross fit. I doubted I would be able to lift anything the next month, but before I knew it everybody rushed off to their next class, including me.