7 | In the spirit of celebration

Jamie C. Bower

Okay, the last couple of day had not been my best. Friday had been one big mess, with the break up and the show, and the getting punched in the face. Saturday had been even worse. First I had barked in on a girl naked, then I had not walked out of the room for some reason, but I had kept talking to her just with my back on her! Ain't I just a bloody genius?

Then I had been told of by a blond floosie and as the top of the iceberg I had started yelling at Skye for it. When Tristan finally had gotten me home, I had started crying after he had left. Not much just a little. I had just felt like it. The break up suddenly getting it claws into. Sunday had been alright, I had watched TV and eaten crap, and it was a great day somehow. It had just been me and my bros. I was done crying over girls! Done, I tell you! They could go fuck themselves - no, on second thought, I'll like to do that. I was just done dating them.

Now it was Friday night once more and I was hosting a huge party. Our EP had just gotten released and that was a cause for celebration. Dan was hooking up his computer to the stereo, Tristan was preparing the snacks, Roland was still inviting people - women mostly - and I was supervising it all from the couch, my feet on the coffee table, beer in hand.

"How is it going guys? Is my party ready yet?" I called out. They all answered in unison.

"OUR PARTY!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot that part!" I snickered at them.

"Shut up, Jamie", Dan said as he finally finished up plugging the computer to the stereo, "Maggie should get here soon."

"Great I'm gonna go wait for her!" I said and started to get up, I knew exactly what she carried with her.

"NO! You're not! You are gonna go put on something other than your unicorn onesie!" I looked down at myself. Oh yeah that was right. I had gotten it from a fan at Guilfest. I had been so excited, it was like the best fan gift I had ever gotten and that was saying a lot. But a unicorn onesie! That couldn't get any more me! It just couldn't, period. I got up and started to dance, squeaking, "No I love this thing!" dancing around wiggling my body to a nonexistent beat.

"Seriously, Jamie? You are gonna wear that?" asked Roland from the doorway, he had finally stopped talking on his phone.

"Sure I am!"

"If you wear that I'll wear my tutu skirt from last Halloween", he threatened, that tutu had been an utter disaster, like it weren't even funny. It was just so utter stupid and pathetic. Imagine a big bulky guy in what essentially was a girl's tutu, which might not seem so bad. But then imagine that person drunk as fuck and trying to hit on the hottest girl in the club (the slutty nurse of course) that was just doomed quest.

"Please don't do that!" I said in horrer, "I'll have to burn out my eyes!" they laughed and I danced out the door doing a 'my eyes are burning out of my head'- sketch.

I got into my room and changed into my usual tight jeans (just too let you in on a little secret, it was women's jeans; men's jeans weren't tight enough) and a dark blue button down shirt. Then I stood in front of the mirror just to make sure I hadn't something weird going on with my face. My hair was clean and I scrunched it up, in the usual look that made girls swoon. Otherwise I just looked like myself. Blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin inked with tattoos and a nose ring. My face had almost gone back to its normal state - only a slight yellow tint coaxed my left eye and nose. It had stopped hurting all together. Pleased with my looks I walked out in the living room again.

"Happy?" I said swirling around showing off my outfit in a rather girly way only I could pull off without losing all my masculinity.

"No, go eat something. You have eaten ice-cream and candy all day, and I don't want to have an eye on you the whole night, worrying if you are going to hurl out your lungs at any moment," said Tristan, who walked in from the kitchen, booze and chips in hand.