23

I forced my legs to walk back to my cabin.

I can't believe it...

A killing game...?

Class trial...?

Monobeasts?!

This.... This feels so unreal...

I placed my hand gently on the doorknob to my cabin.

They even have individual cabins for us...

Did the people who brought us here expected that we'd be living here?!

I pushed my thoughts away and stepped inside the dark room.

I turned on the lights and saw plain white walls topped with an oak wood floor. And on the left side of the room, you can see a normal queen-sized with white curtains.

I sighed and plopped down on the matress face first.

Oh, what did I get myself into?

I closed my eyes and let sleep overtake me.

•••

I opened my eyes to find that I was inside an elevator filled with people in black suits.

"L/n, are you ready?" I turned to look at the voice to find a man with blonde hair and glasses holding a megaphone.

"Huh? Of course! I was born ready!" The blonde hair let out an amused smile at my reply.

Ding

The elevator doors opened to reveal a girl with short hair and in a school uniform with a Monokuma bot chasing her.

The girl stared at us as the blonde beside me fired his megaphone gun towards the Monokuma behind the girl, destroying it instantly.

The girl fell to the floor in shock and looked at the broken Monokuma.

"You must be... Komaru Naegi..." The blonde stepped out of the elevator followed by the rest of us inside, "Future Foundation 14th Division, Byakuya Togami," Byakuya introduced.

"And I'm Y/n L/n! Also from the 14th division. Sorry if Ku-chan scared you a bit, he can be like that sometimes," I chuckled.

"Oi! Shut up!" Byakuya glared at me.

I faked gasped, "Oh my, could it be? THE Togami heir doesn't know how to respect his elders?! This is absurd!"

Byakuya crossed his arms and scoffed.

"U-Um..." Komaru nervously stared at us.

"Don't get the wrong idea and start crying. We're not the ones who imprisoned you here," Byakuya glared at the frightened girl.

"Hey, Ku-chan! Could you be a bit nicer? You almost hit her with that hacking gun, ya know!" I teased the tsundere heir.

"You...!" Byakuya grabbed me by the head and lifted me up from the ground. (Kinda what Shinomiya does to Inui in Food wars)

"J-Just kidding! Please put me down K-Ku... I mean B-Byakuya Togami-sama..!" I sighed in relief as Byakuya let go of me and directed his attention towards Makoto's younger sister.

"As I was saying before I got rudely interrupted..." Byakuya crossed his arms and gave me a nasty look, "We're here to rescue you."

"Huh?" Komaru looked at us in disbelief.

"Future Foundation received intel that somebody was being held prisoner here!" I explained

"Future Foundation...?"

"And it appears that information was correct..." Byakuya ignored Komaru's question and walked towards the broken Monokuma that he shot earlier, "But what is the meaning of this?! Why are all these vermin Monokuma here?!"

"Tell me about it," I huffed, "No matter how you look at it... It almost seems that we were set up..."

"Set... up...?"

As soon as Komaru said those words, several Monokuma bots began to appear out of nowhere.

"Watch out!" I yelled to one of my colleagues as I shot a Monokuma bot about to stab them from behind.

I turned to look at Komaru and pushed her inside the elevator.

"Here, take this!" I grabbed the extra hacking gun that I had with me and gave it to the frightened girl, "Read the operation instructions written in the hacking gun and run away from here!"

"Once you get out of this building, go to the restaurant across the street. A colleague of mine should be waiting there."

"But-"

"JUST GO!" I turned my attention away from the girl and shot a Monokuma bot that was running towards Byakuya.

"Thanks, L/n!" I nodded in response and ran towards the blonde to support him.

"Where the heck are they coming from?!" Byakuya complained as he shot a Monokuma bot only for a new one to appear seconds later.

"It's no use! There's too many of them!" I grunted.

"L/n! Watch out!"

"Hu-" I felt an extreme pain in my abdomen. A Monokuma had stabbed me.

I felt my eyelids grow heavy as I felt myself start to lose blood.

I looked towards Byakuya to see that he was passed out with a silhuoette of a person looking down on him.

"W-wha...." And with that, everything went black.

•••

I jolted awake from my sleep, breathing heavily.

What was that dream...?

It felt... so real...

But... I don't even know who those people are...

They're probably just a figment of my imagination.

B-But why is Monokuma there...?

A-And a skinny version of Byakuya?

Maybe I was just in too much shock about the killing game...

Yeah....

Just... too much shock...

(Knock, Knock)

A knock cut off my train of thought.

"Huh?"

(Knock, knock)

I stood up from the bed and took a peek in the peephole only to find familiar marshmallow-colored hair.

I opened the door slowly, "N-Nagito? W-What do you w-want?"

"Oh, did I wake you? Sorry about that... I just wanted to ask you if you'd like to have breakfast with the rest of us?" I shuddered at the idea.

Breakfast... with potential killers?

"N-No thanks, I-I'll pass..."

"Oh, that's a bummer... but hey, I'll just bring you some food to eat! After all, three meals a day is very important," I smiled softly at the luckster's statement.

"Y-Yeah sure... T-Thanks..."

"No problem! Oh, I should probably get going. Have a nice day, Y/n!" And with that, Nagito dissapeared from my doorstep.