54

I pulled the trigger and...

"Y/n!" Monomi cried out.

(Click...)

I opened my eyes, feeling a bit woozy from the anxiety that built up.

"I-I'm alive...?" I breathed out.

"Y-Y/n!" Monomi cried, jumping up and down.

I crouched down to her level, "Monomi...! I'm-" The robot tackled me into a tight hug.

"You scared me!" She was sobbing, "Please don't do that ever again!" 

"Hahahaha, of course I won't. Sorry I scared you, Monomi," I pat her head, "Looks like we finally cleared the Final Dead Room," I gestured to the unlocked door.

Monomi's embrace faltered as she let go, allowing me to stand up.

We walked up to the door and gently pushed it open to reveal...

"A weapons room?" I muttered out loud.

"This must be the Octagon!" Monomi cheered.

Suddenly, a black and white bear appeared, "Congratulations, Y/n!" He sang, "You're the first one to ever finish the Final Dead Room!"

"Ha-wa-wa! He's here!" Monomi hid behind me. 

"Congratulations on clearing the Final Dead Room!" He repeated, "You even challenged yourself at the highest difficulty with only a one-sixth chance of success! You should be the new Ultimate Lucky Student!" Monokuma joked.

"I have a modest present for someone like you!" He pulled out a black file case with "Mirai" etched onto it.

"A Future Foundation file...?" I took the file in my hands.

"H-How dare you give out files without permission!" Monomi scolded from behind me only to be ignored as Monokuma seemed to be busy finding something.

"Let's see... I have another special prize for you..." He pulled out a thick file with a logo on it.

"Hope's Peak Academy?!" I immediately recognized.

"That's right! This file contains your student profiles from your time at Hope's Peak Academy!" He cheered, "Meaning, they're profiles that you guys don't even remember!"

"Now, I must bid thee farewell!" He disappeared. 

I stared at files in my hands, one from Future Foundation and the other from Hope's Peak Academy. I sighed and sat down on the floor, Monomi beside me. 

"A-Are you going to take a look?" Monomi cautiously let out. It's as if she was scared.

"Yup," I replied as I cautiously opened the Hope's Peak file. I carefully read the contents one by one, absorbing the information. 

I felt my smile drop, "Wha-" I was cut off by a sharp pain in my head. "Ow!" I winced.

I held my head in my hands, gently massaging the spot where it hurt. Except it didn't stop. 

The pain worsened.

"Y-Y/n!" Monomi's voice came out muffled as I could only focus on the pain. 

"Monomi! It hurts... M-Make it stop!" I cried, it felt like my head was being split open. 

"Y-Y/n... Y-" I heard Monomi's voice fade out as I felt myself slip into my consciousness. 

***