69

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look towards Nagito.

"W-What?" My heart had stopped. 

Nagito grinned but before he could say anything, Hajime entered the restaurant, "Y/n! There you are! We were worried when you weren't there with us on the..." His eyes trailed to where I was looking at.

"Nagito," Hajime's gaze hardened as he placed a protective hand on my shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

The man in questioned chuckled in response, "Oh, nothing... Just having a chat with Y/n here..." He smiled, an unknown glint in his eyes.

He knows.

"Y/n? Is this true? He isn't bothering you?" Hajime looked at me in worry, but all I could do was stare in shock at the man that had figured everything out. An unknown fear bubbled within me. It was a strange feeling, yet so nostalgic.

I gulped, "Y-yea... Let's go..." I turned around and fast-walked to get outside of the restaurant. The atmosphere inside was stuffy and suffocating; it made me sick.

After exiting the restaurant, Hajime and I met up with the others.

"Just like we thought, The Ruins are inaccessible," Fuyuhiko sighed.

"If it won't open, then that means..."

"We're doomed!!!" Kazuichi shrieked.

"L-Let's all just calm down first, alright?" Chiaki tried to lift everyone's spirits, "It's getting dark, how about we rest for the day and reconvene tomorrow morning?" Everyone agreed with her words and dispersed to their cabins.

I entered my cabin and immediately sank to my mattress. I felt tired, physically and mentally.

My head was spinning, I couldn't believe it.

Nagito knows of my true identity.

I felt sick. So, so, so sick.

I was filled with a sense of dread, as if I already know what's gonna happen next.

I'm in danger. 

***

(Ding dong, bing bong!)

I opened my eyes as sunlight poured onto my window. I was so panicked from yesterday's events that I didn't even realize I fell asleep.

I tuned out the sounds of Monokuma's Morning Announcement and made my way to bathroom to freshen up.

At this point, I dreaded going to the restaurant knowing full well that Nagito would be there.

My legs felt like lead as I forced myself to climb the stairs leading to the restaurant. 

Needless to say, I was greeted by a horrific sight.

"Game's over. Now tell us where the bombs are," Akane had Nagito pinned down to the floor. She was choking him!

"If you really want me to spit it out... You should try torturing me or something!" Nagito spoke despite Akane's fingers around his neck, "Maybe... you can stab  my fingers with that fork over there, or scoop my eyes out with that spoon," He seemed to be rather unfazed with his current situation. 

At this point, Akane had enough. I could visibly see her grip tighten as she tried crushing his windpipe. Nagito choked on air, his face turning blue.

I ran towards the gymnast in an attempt to pull her away, but she wouldn't budge.

"A-Akane, that's enough!" I shouted as I pulled at her shoulders.

"Just die already," She spat through gritted teeth, her clenched hands squeezed even tighter. She wasn't just strangling him, no, she wanted to break his neck in half.

I was panicking, I didn't want Nagito to die! So, I did what I had to.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I clenched my fist and swung as best as I could. It wasn't enough to knock Akane off her feet, but it was enough to stop her from killing the luckster.

"Y/n...?" Her eyebrows were furrowed, rage visible in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Akane..." I sighed, feeling guilty, "I'm really sorry, I just... You were hurting him."

"You wouldn't do something like that, right? You wouldn't hurt anyone..." I helped her stand up and gently caressed the spot where I punched her, "Calm down, okay? Violence doesn't solve anything."

Akane stayed silent, her eyes still wide from surprise.

"I'm really sorry," I wrapped my arms around her figure in an embrace. I felt so bad, but I didn't have a choice!

After a while, I felt her hands gently wrap around me, "I-I'm awake now..." I let go of her and smiled gently, "It's alright..." I spoke.

"Hahahahaha!" We turned to look towards Nagito. There were visible hand marks on his neck, it was a sad sight. I frowned and helped him stand up, it was the least I could do after he almost died, "Thank you, Akane! I got to see my dead dog again!" He spoke while I inspected the damages he had. It would take a while before those disappeared, my frown deepened.

"Anyway, thank you for saving me, darling. Looks like I owe you one," He looked at me fondly and I flinched.

It's difficult to act like everything is okay when he's fully aware of who I am.

Sonia spoke up, asking about the password. I couldn't comprehend a word that they were saying. I was lost in my own thoughts.