76

I opened my eyes to find out that I was back at the familiar scenery of the Jabberwock Restaurant. I lifted my head to find my peers in a heated discussion.

"They're here..." I whispered a bit too loud, causing everyone to turn to me.

"Whatcha sayin'?" Akane asked, her eyebrow raised.

"O-Oh! Nothing... What are we talking about?" I tried my best to act normal.

"You seriously weren't listening?!" Kazuichi sighed in frustration, "This is a matter of life and death here, Y/n!! The bombs could go off at any minute!!" I apologized, feeling bad for causing such distraught.

The mechanic huffed, "Yeah, it's whatever... Just... Pay more attention..." I nodded in response.

"So, as I was saying..." Fuyuhiko began, "The only thing we can do is split up to cover more ground. Since there's 7 of us, I suggest taking an island each, leaving one behind to check up on Nagito."

"I would like to--"

"Leave Nagito to me," I boldly exclaimed. 

"Are you sure, Y/n?" Hajime looked concerned, fearing for my safety.

"I'll be alright, Hajime! Besides, I'm sure Nagito won't do anything," I grinned despite fully knowing what his plans were.

After that, everyone began to volunteer for their respective islands and separated to search. I, however, headed straight towards Nagito's cabin where all the evidences were.

I knocked on his door for good measure and waited for a few minutes. Like last time, he wasn't there. I sighed in relief and twisted the door knob, but it wouldn't budge.

"What?!" I whispered, "This was open last time!" I panicked, I had no way to alter the evidences against Chiaki now unless investigation time starts, which was hours away. I rummaged through my pockets for a spare hair pin or anything that could help me break the lock only for my efforts to be futile. I sighed and leaned my head against the door.

What am I supposed to do now...?

Just then, Monomi appeared.

"Y/n!" The rabbit cheered.

I sighed in relief, "Monomi...! Oh, I'm glad you're here! I have a favor to ask..." I trailed off.

"Sure, Y/n! What is it?"

"Could you open Nagito's cabin door for me, please?" I tried my best to look as innocent as possible.

"Hu-wha-wha?! What are you thinking, Y/n?! I can't do that! That's horrible!" She shrieked.

"But...! This is important!" I pleaded.

"What could be important that requires you to break in to someone else's cabin?!" She questioned.

"It's for the--" Just then, I remembered Makoto and Kiyoko's instructions as I was about to enter the Neo World Program.

"Remember, Y/n-senpai. You mustn't tell them anything that's happening beyond the scenes. We have to make sure that they find out on their own," Kiyoko firmly stated with Makoto nodding beside her.

"But what about Usami? Surely she could know--"

"Not even Usami,"

"What? Why not?"

"It could damage with her programming. She wasn't designed for this."

"Y/n....? Hellooooo...?" Monomi's voice brought me back to reality, "Why do you need access to Nagito's cabin?"

"Oh, it's nothing, Monomi," I smiled, "I was just messing with you."

The rabbit huffed and puffed out her cheeks, "Well that isn't very nice of you, Y/n!" 

I chuckled at her antics, "Anyways... What brings you here, Monomi?"

"I... I was looking for something! We have a thief on the loose!" She cried out, "My very special thing was stolen...!"

"Oh no!" I feigned shock, "Where did you last saw it?"

"It was in my house!"

"You have a house?!"

"W-Well... yea! It's on the 4th island!" She grabbed hold of my hands with her paws and began to drag me, "L-Let's go, Y/n! You have to help me!"

"W-Wait...! I have to do something!" My protests fell on deaf ears as Monomi continued to drag me along.

I guess I just have to wait until investigation...

***

As Monomi and I entered the pink, cutesy mess that is the rabbit's house, we found Hajime already there.

"H-Huh?! Hajime?!" Monomi shrieked, "Why is Hajime in my house?!"

"The door was left open..." Hajime dead-panned. 

"Ha-wa-wa?!" She waddled to her front door and gasped in surprise, "My security system is broken?! It must be the robber!!"

Guess that explains why we were able to enter so easily...

"A robber...? What do you mean...?" Hajime looked curious, "Are you talking about Monokuma?"

"Monokuma wouldn't do something as cheap as breaking the lock..." She sniffled, "Ever since he took over my power, he can do anything he wants on this island as long as he wills it."

"But if it isn't Monokuma... does that mean the robber is one of us...?" The brunette questioned. 

"I-I'm not doubting my students or anything..." She covered her ears with her paw nervously, "but my special thing was definitely stolen..."

***

After our encounter with Hajime, Monomi and I did our best to search for her shiny treasure box. 

"It's no use, Y/n!" Monomi cried as we sat on the sandy shore of the main island, "I'm never going to find my special thing!"

"H-Hey..." I tried my best to comfort the robot, "I'm sure it'll turn up eventually..." 

"Y-You think so...?"

"I'm 100% sure!" I beamed, cheering up Monomi in the process.

"Y-Y/n!" My name was called from the distance. We turned our heads to find Hajime running towards us.

"W-Woah! Slow down, Hajime! What's the matter?" The brunette stopped in front of us and knelt down, gasping for air.

"I-It's Fuyuhiko..." He panted.

"Fuyuhiko...?"

"He..."

"He found the bombs...!"