42

I couldn't sleep.

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling, with no intention to get up. Countless thoughts ran through my mind like a marathon.

Getting into Hope's Peak, I never expected to experience stuff like this.

Murder..?

Executions...?

A classmate getting shot by a huge lazer gun...?

It's something one could never expect.

(Ding, dong, bing, bong)

The chime of a bell broke me out of my thoughts as the morning announcement began to play.

"Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make.... Good morning everyone! Looks like today's going to be another perfect, tropical day!" That same cheery voice entered my ears as I groggily stood up from my bed.

Guess I better head to the restaurant....

It's not like I'll be getting much sleep if I just continue to lay around...

I made my way to the hotel lobby and up the stairs leading towards the restaurant.

"Y/n! How awful it is to see you here!" A certain person greeted me with a grin.

"Huh?" I looked at Nagito in confusion only for it to change into concern. He seemed more sickly than usual, "Nagito? Are you... feeling well...?" I tried to place my hand on his forehead only for him to swat it away.

"I'm okay! I am perfectly healthy!"

I held the hand that Nagito swatted away, "His hand was burning!"

"Nonsense!" I took hold of Nagito's hands in order to stop him from swatting away my hand as I placed it on his forehead.

It was scorching.

I immediately withdrew my hand from the luckster's forehead and took a closer look at him.

His face was a light shade of red. His temple clouded with sweat making his fluffy hair stick to his delicate face. His lips parted as he took in heavy breaths.

Signs that he absolutely was not "okay".

"You need to lie down," I took hold of his hand, "Come, I'll take you to your cabin,"

"No, I'm not going anywhere!"

"Wha— You're clearly sick! You—" I was cut off by a loud cry.

I looked around for the source of the noise only to find Akane.

"WAAAAAAAH!" The gymnast cried.

I looked at Akane then back at Nagito, "Here, sit on this chair for now. We'll go to your cabin once I finish comforting Akane," Nagito nodded and obeyed.

I walked towards the brunette and kneeled down in front of her, "What's wrong, Akane?" I rubbed comforting circles on her back as she continued to sob.

"I... I was too weak!" My eyes widened at the girl's response.

Okay something is deffo wrong with her.

And it's not just because she's crying on the ground.

"Excuse me for my rudeness everyone, but I would like to say my greetings to everyone first thing in the morning!" Ibuki stood in front of us and saluted.

"Wha—"

"Good morning, everyone! I look forward to working with you all today!" The musician exclaimed with her hand still saluting.

What is going on with everyone today?!?!?

And by everyone I mean Ibuki, Akane, and Nagito....

Come to think of it...

...

WHERE ARE THE REST?!!??!!!?!

"Oh, you guys are here early," I breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of a certain spiky haired brunnette.

Thank God...

I thought I was all alone...

"Be careful, Hajime!" Nagito abruptly stood up from his seat and pointed a finger at me, "Y/n's planning something! They plan on killing Akane!"

W-What?!

"HAAAA?!??!!?!" I exclaimed. I swear, it's too early in the morning for this kind of bullshit.

"Y/n, is this true?!" Hajime looked at me warringly.

"I—" Before I could finish my sentence, everyone else entered the restaurant.

"Good mor— Whoa! What's going on here?" Kazuichi stared at us.

"Kazuichi! Hajime plans on killing Y/n!" Nagito lied.

"Hajime?!" I gasped and stared at the brunnette in shock.

"N-no, Y/n! It's obviously a lie that Nagito made!" Hajime waved his arms around in panic as he tried to reassure me.

"It's not a lie. I never tell lies," Nagito spoke firmly.

"This is getting ridiculous," I face palmed and took hold of the sick luckster's hand, "Anyways, I better get Nagito to his cabin, he's burning,"

"Did you say... he was burning?" Hajime asked.

"Yea, didn't you hear me?" I deadpanned. Now's not the time to be oblivious, Hajime.

"H-Hold on..." Mikan placed her hand on Ibuki's forehead, "Eeeek! Ibuki's burning as well!"

"Akane, too!"

"Really?! All three of them have fevers?!" Kazuichi panicked.

"My goodness! That is obviously bad!" A certain monochrome bear said as he appeared out of nowhere.

"Monokuma..!"

"Monokuma is here... could it be..." Chiaki trailed off.

"That's right! This is your new motive!" Monokuma cheered. "This is the Despair Disease!"

Despair Disease??

"You know, there are extremely tiny insects that can't be seen with the naked eye living on this island... It's not like I added them recently, I just never told you about them," The bear explained.

"INSECTS?!?!" I panicked. I was never really fond of creepy-crawlies.

"Anyway, the endemic disease spread by these insects is called the Despair Disease!"

"Despair Disease?! I've... n-never heard of such a thing..." The Ultimate Nurse stated.

Now that's saying something. Even Mikan doesn't know what it is...

"Then let me tell you all about it! As the name suggests, The Despair Disease is a reaaaallyyyy annoying disease that gives you a high fever, along with various symptoms that are full of despair!" Monokuma explained, "Symptoms may vary per person. For instance... Nagito has the Liar Disease, Akane has the Coward Disease, and Ibuki has the Guillible disease!"

"They just had to get symptoms that are the opposite of their normal personality," Fuyuhiko complained.

"But be careful! The Despair Disease is contagious! Meaning, it can be passed down to one person to another, just like a cold!" Monokuma seems to be enjoying seeing our scared faces, "It'd be awful if everyone got sick," He faked his concern.

Great, just when I thought things couldn't get worse.