31

Ding dong bing bong

The monitor lit up to reveal Monokuma, casually sitting on a chair with a drink in hand,

"Alrighty guys, it's finally time! That's right. It's time for the long-awaited class trial!" The bear cheered, "Well then, please head over to Monokuma rock!" The screen shut off.

I looked at Hajime beside me who seemed to have a pissed-off look on his face, "Already?!" The brunette glared at the bear in the screen.

"Monokuma rock? Where's that?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Could it be the huge mountain with Monokuma's face in the central island?" Sonia asked.

"There's no other possibility besides that...." Nagito trailed off.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for?! Let's head over there now!" The silence was cut off by Hiyoko's bratty voice.

I rolled my eyes at the traditional dancer and started walking to the exit of the abandoned building in silence.

***

I stepped up to my podium between Mikan and a portrait of Byakuya with a cross across his face.

Wait....

A portrait of Byakuya?!?!

"W-What is this doing here?!" I pointed at the wooden frame.

"Puhuhuhuhu! Just because they're dead doesn't mean that they can't participate! Think of it in memory of him," Monokuma laughed.

I glared at the bear in disgust and turned to look at Hajime who was in deep thought.

I hope our investigstion doesn't come to waste...

"Now then, let's begin with a simple explanation of the class trial!" Monokuma spoke up, earning the attention of everyone.

"During the class trial, you will present your arguments for who the killer is, and vote for whodunnit,"

"If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong person," He sang the last part, "I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and that person will earn the right to leave this island!"

"Su-Such a cruel rule!!" Monomi, who was dangling from the ceiling, shouted in protest.

"Before we begin, I'd like to confirm one thing. Is there really a killer among us?" Nagito asked. (heh, amogus)

"Of course! We already have an inkling on who it is, right?" Akane scratched her neck and looked at me.

"But-"

"By the way, this class trial is gonna be 100 percent fair, so there's no need to worry," Monokuma added, "Now, let's begin!"

"You....You're telling us to b-begin.... but what are we supposed to do..?" Mikan was the first one to speak.

"No complainin', let's just settle this with out fists!" Akane stated while she cracked her knuckles.

"Now, now everyone, we should first discuss the possible suspects," Hajime tried to calm Akane down who looked like she wanted to punch something.

"Didn't that Byakuya bastard get killed in the dining hall? Then everyone there is a fucking suspect!" Fuyuhiko remarked cockily.

"Yeah, yeah. What you're really trying to say is that you're not the killer, right?" Mahiru retorted.