33

I stared at the man in front of me.

Familiar white, curly hair and grayish-green eyes that pierced right through me. A smile that screamed insanity, a smile so different from the one I fell in love with ages ago.

The familiar man wore a cropped black jacket with a dark-red and olive-green scoop-neck shirt underneath along with black jeans with black low heeled shoes, tied with red shoelaces. A mitten adorned his left hand while a collar wrapped around his neck with the chain all the way to the floor.

My stomach dropped at the sight of him as the tiny, cramped cell became even more tiny. It was suffocating. I diverted my eyes from the man and stared at the floor.

"Ah, Y/n! Long time no see! I was a bit worried when I didn't see you when we obtained Junko's body!" He spoke.

"We...? W-Who's we?" I hesitantly asked.

"Our classmates, of course!" He exclaimed cheerfully.

My jaw dropped a little at his statement, "N-No, that can't be! Y-You guys are dead! The classroom exploded! No- No one survived!" I was panicking and it was obvious to Byakuya who was silently staring at the two of us.

"Oh? Is that what the guys at The Future Foundation told you?" He asked, his smile never wavering, "Could you really believe what those guys said when they couldn't even rescue you from the despair you experienced being Junko's assistant?!" My eyes widened.

He's right...

I lifted my head up from looking at the floor and locked eyes with familiar grayish-green eyes for the first time in a while, "I missed you, Y/n..." His eyes softened as his lips formed into a small, sincere smile.

My heart skipped a beat at the sudden confession.

"I...."

"That's enough," My head quickly turned to Byakuya who glared at the man in pure disgust, "Don't try to manipulate Y/n into joining you guys. They have no intention in doing so."

Manipulate me?!

My head turned back to the white haired fellow only to find him smiling in defeat, "Aw, just when I thought I had it...." He chuckled, "Oh, well... Good bye for now, Y/n."

And just like that, he exited the cell.

I stared at his retreating figure and fell to my knees, making Byakuya rush over to me in worry, "L/n... Are you okay?! Do you need to—" He froze when he heard me crying.

"W-Why..."

"L/n..."

I clenched my jaw to stop my audible sobbing, "WHY?!"

"J-Just when I stopped grieving... Just when I was finally convinced that he was dead... Just... Just..." My eyes widened as I felt Byakuya pull me to a tight hug.

"Shhh... It's alright, Senpai. Let it all out. I won't let go until you're fine," I felt more tears resurface as I wrapped my arms around Byakuya and cried.

I opened my eyes only to close them again as a blinding light entered my vision.

"Argh! I thought I closed the—" I stood up from my bed and walked towards the window only to stop in my tracks as I saw my reflection on the glass.

There were tears streaming down my face.

"Huh? I'm crying?" I reached a hand to my cheeks to find out that they were still wet, "Is it because of my dream? Come to think of it, I don't remember what I dreamt about..." I stared at the floor in deep thought then gave up a few minutes after.

It's probably nothing...

(Knock, Knock)

"Y/n? You awake?" Hajime called out from outside.

I sighed and went towards the door, "Jeez, what does antenna boy want?!" I grumbled to myself and swiftly opened the door.

"Morning, Y/n! Sorry if I woke you up—"

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, well... I was wondering if you'd like to go and have breakfa—"

"No thanks,"

"Huh?! But why—"

"After what happened yesterday, I'd rather not," Hajime flinched at my words.

"O-Oh... I understand, but please feel free to come by the resturant anytime! Eating 3 meals a day is important, y'know!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Bye bye," I closed the door in his face in order to cut our conversation short.

I sighed and pressed my back against the door.

I wanna go home...