4

I huffed in annoyance and harshly shut my computer. For the past few hours, I've been researching the executives, but nothing comes up. It's almost as if they don't exist. Not even the company is registered in their name. It's under some German guy or something.

There's no record of an Alena SangPure or an Alec SangPure. They were ghosts, like literally no information. I tried even searching up their first name with the company, but nothing showed. I wish Hailey gave me her last name, so I could research her, but I have a feeling my search would come up the same. The only one I haven't tried was Lara.

I scooted back to my desk and typed Lara and the company's name. I immediately got several hits. Well, damn. Not only is she insanely hot, but she's a party girl. Like go to the club six days a week type of girl. There's pictures and articles about her salacious lifestyle. Apparently she's also no stranger to hookups. It seems like she hooks up with at least one person when she goes out partying. And she parties like everyday!

I know I'm supposed to be researching for professional reasons that affect my work, but her sexual reviews are necessary in order for me to do my job correctly, right? Dang. My eyes widened at the reviews about her. Apparently, she's a goddess in bed, like her looks. Some claim she's more of a lioness, some claim that she's kinky, and others claim that she's gentle. But, they all agree that she's the best sex they've ever had. I took a moment to notice that all the reviews were left by women.

Hmm... I saw some articles criticizing her work ethic. For her critics, they cannot comprehend how someone who never shows up to work can have such a powerful position in the company. She apparently never shows up to work and would rather sleep around or go on extravagant vacations with friends. People claim that she must've slept her way to the top as that's the only thing that makes sense. I'm not sure why, but I got angry the more articles I read dissing her behavior.

I shut my laptop and stood up. I began to pace up and down in an effort to calm myself. I don't know why I'm getting so worked up over someone I don't even know. I literally just met the girl today and here I was ready to defend her from those online haters.

I groaned as I flopped onto the couch. I decided to waste time by texting Zayn and Jade. It'd be too risky to meet them in Maryland since I'm pretty sure the SangPure's are running a background check on me. Everything would be for naught if they found out I work for the CIA. This is my first domestic assignment and I don't want to screw it up.

Zayn and Jade decided to FaceTime instead of text.

"What up? What up? What up?" Zayn greeted.

"Too early for your upbeat personality." Jade groaned.

"Aren't you back in Virginia? And it's 2pm." I chuckled as Jade flipped me off.

"How's your case going?" Zayn inquired.

"Terrible." I complained, making them laugh. "First, I got assigned to a boss who is in a dick measuring contest with another manager. Ignore the fact that they're both girls." I added, causing my friends to chuckle again. "She then, to the executives' faces, told them that I'm going to investigate them!"

"How are you supposed to go on being unnoticed when she highlighted your presence?" Jade was confused.

"Exactly! My plans now have to change. I'm no longer spying on Michael, a low research scientist. I'm now tagged to the CTO!"

"Shit." Zayn's eyes widened.

"Fuck, that changes everything." Jade stated. "Have you reported this to Matt?"

"Yeah and he wasn't happy, but there's nothing we can do. Jelena single handedly screwed up my mission in under an hour." I groaned.

"Who's the CTO anyways? I'm having trouble finding anything about the executives." Zayn started typing on his keyboard.

"So it's not just me?" I quickly sat up. "I can't find anything on them either. It's like their ghosts and her name is Lara, but I don't know her last name."

"Lara?!" They simultaneously said.

"Ya, is that bad?"

"Is that ba-" Zayn was cut off by Jade.

"She's a renowned partier who constantly gets drunk and sleeps around with women. She's a playgirl. Like more play than work type of girl. She's also a heiress, but-"

"And fucking hot. Like super fuckable. I'd let her fuck me and I'd love to fuck her." I involuntarily glared at Zayn. Who was he to talk that way about my- woah there, Amelia. She's not yours and why are you fired up about Zayn's comment.

"You there?" Jade questioned.

"Ya, but I just remembered that there's a lot of stuff I need to prepare for. I h-have to go. Bye." I ended the call before they could respond.

I flopped onto my back. I thought talking to them about the rough start to my assignment would make me feel better. It did the opposite effect. The moment I heard about the vile things Zayn wanted to do to her, my heart dropped and I felt a melancholic feeling claw its way into my heart. Why do I feel this way?

I rolled onto my stomach. I don't know what possessed me, but I unlocked my phone and opened up chrome. I then typed in the name that's been on my mind. I felt a wave of calmness pass over me as I swiped through the many pictures of Lara. I felt myself smile the longer I stared at her features. It was like my eyes were trying to burn the image of her into my mind.

I nearly gasped when I saw the time. It was 9pm. How long have I been looking at her photos? This can't be good. I've never felt so drawn to a target. Attracted? Yes. Infatuated? Well, guess there's a first for everything.