8

"Any new updates?" Matt asked through my computer screen.

"No. Sorry, sir." Matt waved off my apology. "Everything is squeaky clean, almost too clean. Except for some scientists using their gloves to touch their phones, nothing is out of the ordinary." I frustratingly said. "That's why I'm crossing out the small guys. If anything illegal is happening then it's at the top. The executives would have to be behind it."

"And how's Lara?" He hissed at her name. He really hated her for some unknown reason. Not sure what she did to him besides being a womanizer.

"She's not hiding anything from me. Legit, nothing. She openly discusses new formulations that should be confidential. She spares no secrets in my presence. She's like an open book." Matt sighed. "But, I don't trust her." That got his attention. "She's insanely smart and cunning. I know she's hiding stuff. She just wants to make herself appear innocent by making everything about the company seem transparent. She wants me to lower my guard around her."

"Then, maybe give her what she wants." I raised my brow at Matt. "Make her think that you gave up your search and are just going through the motions of your job. Let her think she won."

"She'll see that from a mile away, Matt." I sighed. "Like I said, she's incredibly smart. That move won't phase her." I breathed out. "She's the toughest target I've ever had!" I complained.

"Maybe you should give in to her." I stared at my boss in utter confusion. "Look, I know you have never had to resort to sleeping with a client, but we really need this." I sighed.

It was true. I'm supposed to be the best of the best. The best agent the CIA has. I've ALWAYS completed my missions, without having to sleep with my targets. It's something I've prided myself on and have received respect from my colleagues. They all wanted to know how I used my persuasion to acquire everything I needed without having to sell my body.

"It's not something I'm opposed to doing, but she seems to be the type that wouldn't allow seduction to mess with her head. She'd be able to see straight through me." Matt nodded at my words.

"Break her." I raised a brow at him. "Make her fall for you and then extract the information." I furrowed my brows at him. Could I really do that? "I know you can do it. You've got this, Amelia." He warmly smiled.

I forced a smile back before shutting my computer. I let out a deep sigh as I flopped onto my back. How was I gonna go about this? It's not like she's a regular girl you can just woo. She's literally a billionaire and probably has a harem of girls waiting for her.

I can't believe I'm about to prostitute myself out. I rolled onto my stomach and grabbed my phone. I scrolled through my contacts until I landed on her name.

I got Lara's number when we went out to lunch one day. She had taken my phone and added her number in it. She claimed it was smart for her babysitter to have her on speed dial. I remember glaring at her smirking face.

I smiled as I recalled that memory. She had ordered a Long Island ice tea while I ate a sandwich. She really didn't eat while I really did eat. I couldn't help that I was hungry that day!

My fingers typed something, only for me to delete it a second later. Why am I overthinking this? Ugh! I quickly typed a response and sent it.

Still up for those drinks?