36

It didn't take us long to sail to their locations. Diving squads were sent to retrieve the two women. All of us were on the boat that found Sophie. She was frazzled and gasping for air when she finally reached the surface. She cried into Alec's arms and wailed about the agony of drowning over and over again.

We received word that Alena was safely retrieved. We went back to France to make sure all the injured were helped. The enemy vampires were put to death while the innocents were healed. The critically injured wolves stayed at the palace since it was unsafe to move people with such serious injuries.

My uncle, Domenico, and the rest of the pack left for Italy. They didn't want to stay away for long in case some rogue wolves tried to overtake the villa.

Hailey and Taemin quickly healed and were back to working. Lexi was so relieved that they were alright. She was a nervous wreck the entire time. Alena scolded Hailey and told her never to scare her like that again. Hailey just laughed and pulled the woman into a hug. Lexi was jumping up and down in anger at Taemin and Hailey. Taemin resorted to picking up the small girl and throwing her over his shoulder. She beat against his back, but he ignored her and continued talking to us like everything was normal.

A few days later, a new monarch had to be crowned. Alena and Alec immediately stated that Lara should be Queen. She gave them a soft smile as she declined the throne. The council and her family gasped in shock. She said that her brother was older and therefore should be the king. Lara also stated that she didn't have the same discipline and temperament to rule a kingdom as her brother did. Alec accepted the throne, but bowed before her at the coronation. The two then embraced in a long hug.

When things calmed down, Lara and I left for Italy. My uncle thought it was the right thing for him to step down so that I could take my rightful place as Queen. Much to his dismay and shock, I rejected the throne. I told him that I didn't have as much experience as him and that he should continue being the amazing ruler he is. I also said that I would continue helping out our kingdom by working with our leaders to find any potential threats to our kingdom, with the help of my friends. I pacified my uncle by stating that I'd receive the proper training so that one day I can take the throne.

Alena and Hailey left for America so that they could continue running the business. With Alec gone, Hailey had taken over the mantle of COO. It was more work, but they were fine with it since vampires don't tend to get tired.

Taemin stayed behind at the castle to watch over Alec and Sophie. Lexi had decided to join Matt, Jade, and Zayn to find potential threats. Basically, she joined the CIA. The four of them were now protecting the world from terrorists.

Lara decided to join me in searching for anyone that dare threaten the peace between our species. We'd find rogues and dispose of them. We really made a great pair.

I was currently lying in my bed. We decided to permanently reside in Italy since it would give my uncle some peace of mind. My uncle had recently given me a picture of my father and mother. Dante was the spitting image of my father. I'm not sure how their parents were able to tell them apart. I subconsciously ran my finger over my father's face.

"Hey, can we go somewhere?" I rolled over in the bed to see Lara enter the room.

"Sure!" I jumped up.

"It's a little hike." She smiled and offered her hand.

We hiked through the lush green vegetation. I had to stop sometimes to admire the beautiful flowers and their fragrant smells. We walked through a secret garden in between the mountain walls. I looked up to see the bright sky.