14

The next few weeks have been somewhat eventful. Taemin had tracked down the lone vampire and eliminated him. This has allowed some peace to settle over us. As for their investigation into Matt, it's been a bit complicated.

They found out his name is Matt Russo. They weren't happy with finding out his identity, but refused to explain why. I even saw Lexi, who's the softest of them, hiss in disgust at his name. Speaking of which, Matt had a similar response to Lara's name. I attributed it to her being my target, but I guess there's more. I assume they know each other.

As for my supernatural status, they've been pressuring me to reveal what I am. I kept telling them I'm a human, but they refused to believe me. They've been pressuring Lara to worm the answer out of me, but she's been more preoccupied in wooing me.

"It smells nice." I sniffed the rose. We were currently lounging around in a park. Lara insisted on taking me out on a little picnic date. I told her I had no intentions of getting romantic with my targets. She rolled her eyes and proceeded to ask what my favorite foods were.

"I'm glad you like it." She looked up at the clouds.

"You know you shouldn't be going out of your way. I never get romantically involved when on a mission."

"Well, I'm making it my mission to break you." She leaned so close that her lips ghosted over mine. "I do love a good challenge." I felt her cool breath on my lips, making the place between my legs throb. "Looks like I'm not the only one struggling to hold back." She smirked and pulled away.

"There could be eyes everywhere." I hurriedly spoke. She shifted her eyes to me in curiosity. "Can't be kissing my target in broad daylight. People may question my motives." I lied down.

"You're an agent. You must've used your sexuality to seduce others. Would it really be that out of character to be kissing me?" She mused.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "I've never slept with any of them." I don't know why I felt the need to tell her that. I saw a sigh of relief escape her. I guess she's always wondered, but never asked. "Not like I'm a virgin, though."

"Really? And here I thought our sexual tension was due to the pressure in your unpopped cherry." She pushed me down so that she hovered over me. "I can't help but wonder what kind of lover you are." She whispered. My heart began to beat against my chest. I knew we were in the park, in the middle of the day, with kids around. But, I was more than ready to have her take me. What is going on with my morals?

"The abstinent one." I somehow found my voice.

"So you're into role playing as a nun?" She raised a brow. "In that case, I'm ready to practice abstinence."

She lowered herself so that her lips were centimeter from mine. I held in a breath since the slightest movement would connect our lips. She hummed in amusement before raising herself off me.

I sat up with a start. This girl just loves toying with me. Then again, I do enjoy our tension. She tilted her head back and closed her eyes, enjoying the rays from the sun. Her skin gleamed in the light. She was extraordinarily beautiful.

"How are your parents?" She asked out of the blue.

"They're dead." She opened her eyes at that.

"No they aren't."

"What makes you think I'm not an orphan?"

"You don't have that look of dread and loss in your eyes." She moved her hand absentmindedly.

"And you have a lot of experience dealing with orphans?"

"More than you know." She winked. "So, where is your family located?" She looked at the children rolling down the hills.