25

"He's home." Hailey froze at Taemin's words. "And he's asking for you." I think Hailey and I might as well have died at that moment.

"Why?" Hailey growled.

"Because he overheard the guards mentioning the new blood slave's mouth watering scent." Lexi stated. "And you know how he likes to sample the girls!" Lexi was fired up.

"And he wants her now." Taemin's eyes were downcast. "He's waiting." He stared at the floor.

Hailey shivered in anger, but decided to stand. She whizzed to the dresser and applied a few more sprays of the scent dampener perfume. She fixed my hair and straightened my ruffled clothes. With a last apologetic eye, she led me to the designated chamber. Taemin and Lexi were behind me as well, shielding me from the guard's hungry stares.

We stopped at a large door. The guards moved to open the doors. I met the three pairs of apologetic eyes. I offered an encouraging smile. The moment the doors were fully open, the three instantly changed their expression to one of apathy. Hailey confidentially walked ahead of us. Taemin and Lexi advanced, each roughly gripping my forearm, and dragging me inside.

My eyes widened in recognition of a throne room. In the middle of a massive gold throne was a man with the most piercing eyes. He had long, brown hair that reached the middle of his chest. His eyes were sunken in enough to show that he has been weathered with age, even though he looked to be in his early 30s. His brown beard was neatly groomed. His blue eyes were staring at me in hunger. I had to force myself not to shiver as he eye raped me from head to toe.

 I had to force myself not to shiver as he eye raped me from head to toe

Coming to think of it, his eyes were the same shade as Alec's. And that was when I noticed the people standing near the throne. Alena was dressed in a longer dress that screamed luxury. Alec had changed into a three piece suit and Lara had on a longer, but still sexy dress. What the hell is going on?

I then noticed the crowns on their heads and then the massive one on the seated man. Whereas the others were silver with sapphire gems, his was pitch black with sapphire gems. He was also dressed in something that Dracula would wear.

(Trigger warning ⚠️ ⛔️ Some of the things said and implied may cause triggers. I'll state when the triggers are over)

"Est- ce la fille?" His deep voice asked the squire next to him, who nodded. (Is this the girl)

"L'avez-vous trouvée au marché aux esclaves?" (Did you find her at the slave market) He asked a guard. "Ou l'avez-vous trouvée dans les bois et emmène-la juste là?" (Or did you find her in the woods and take her right there) He loudly laughed.

"Non monsieur. Elle a été amenée par votre fille." Lara glared at the squire. (No sir. She came with your daughter)

"Huh, amercaine Hmm...." He then stared at me with such lust. "Do you know who I am, girl?" His French accent ringing thick. "I am the Vampire King." I think time stopped as I forgot how to breathe.

My frame shook as I looked at the features of Alena, Alec, and Lara. Lara's eyes were filled with apology and sorrow. This man... this is the man who murdered my father. The man who imprisoned my entire race. The man whose ville actions have consisted of raping and pillaging innocent people. That man is Lara's father. She's a princess! A princess of darkness!

"Are you hard of hearing?!" He snapped. I flicked my attention back to him. I guess I was so caught up in my thoughts that I hadn't heard him speaking to me. "The smell of your blood is truly captivating." I felt a chill run up my spine. "It would truly be a waste not to taste." He moved to stand up, but Lara blocked his eyesight of me.

"But father, she's mine." Her eyes were lowered with respect.

"And why does that concern me?" He pushed her out the way and slowly descended the steps.

"She's my plaything." Lara zoomed in front of him again. "Surely, you do not want sloppy seconds." Ouch! I know she's trying to save me, but that kind of hurt. She spared an apologetic glance in my direction before her father backhanded her. I gasped at the sight.

"Never!" He picked her up by the throat and held her in the air. "Never claim you are entitled to your OWN property! I take what I want and I want that girl's body!" He sneered. "I will fuck her until her vagina rips open and drain her blood while she screams from the pain. I'll be nice and lay her lifeless body on your bed." Lara clawed at her throat as he brought their faces close together. "How does that sound for your plaything?" He began menacingly chuckling at Lara's frightened state.

"S-Sir." The squire fearfully spoke.

"WHAT?! Can't you see I'm disciplining my daughter! Or do you also need disciplining?!" He still held Lara high in the air as he spoke.

"It-Its just that they captured a member of the rebellion. We have him in custody and your highness may want to interrogate him." His voice shook with every word.

"Fine." The king threw Lara through a wall. "Have the girl bound and gagged. I'll see to her tomorrow morning." He waved for the guards to advance towards me. "Lara obviously chose her because her scent is peculiar. I want to know more about what courses through her veins. No one leaves tonight! We will all be here by 9:25am sharp to learn more about the girl's heritage." He said and left.

(Safe to read now 😊)

Taemin called the guards off and said that he'd personally deliver me to the dungeons. Lexi piped up that she'd assist him. I took a final look at the sorrow of Lara's eyes before I was led out the room.

Taemin and Lexi couldn't speak to me out of fear of people disclosing our conversation to the king. I could see the apology in their eyes that they would often show me. It was crazy. They acted like robots. When we were alone, their eyes would soften with sorrow, but immediately harden when someone was in close proximity to us.

They led me down a narrow stairwell and into a barely lit room. We walked past the cells lining the walls. The people in the cells looked sullen and paid us no mind. The two led me to a cell that was remote from the others. Taemin pulled the door back and motioned for me to enter. He then reluctantly shut the door. Lexi's bottom lip shook as she tried to hold back the tears. I grabbed her hands and gave them a gentle squeeze. This wasn't the first time I had to be placed behind bars.

Taemin gave me a final nod and ushered Lexi away. I sighed and sat down on the clammy floor. I then looked up to see a leak in the cracked ceiling. Well, this is like a lot of apartments in New York.