13

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" I began to stir at the sudden noise.

"Well, I can't say for certain." The voice hissed back. "Tae and I searched far and wide for these ingredients and convinced witches to perform the spell." She paused. "Also, did you really need to chop that man up?! Lexi and I had to reassemble him to make sure we retrieved all his appendages. All his appendages." She reiterated. "You know what all means, right?"

"It's not like you haven't touched a dick before." I heard some stifled chuckles, definitely Lara. "Did you discard of him?" Her voice turned serious.

"He was a nice bonfire that kept the homeless warm." It was almost like I could hear the smirk. "We need to get going." The voice was serious.

"How long do you wish to lie there, beautiful?" I could hear Lara move to squat down so her face reached my level.

"You can hear her heartbeat. She's clearly awake." Welp, guess I can't pretend to sleep anymore.

I opened my eyes and saw the smiling form of Lara. I craned my head behind me to see Hailey cross her arms, a smirk plastered on her lips.

'Good morning,love. How'd you sleep?" Lara cutely smiled.

"Like a baby." I sat up. "Why is she he- oh, she's the cleanup crew."

"I am not the- ugh! We need to speak with you." Hailey pouted. "And we're already late, so we better get moving. Chop chop." She clapped her hands and walked out the room.

"Although it pains me to admit, she's right. We need to get going, but not before you eat something." She whizzed out the room and returned with an omelet and some fruit. "Oh, almost forgot the oj." She quickly returned with a glass of orange juice. "Hope it's to your liking." She sat on the bed and watched me eat.

"It's good!" I moaned, causing her to shift uncomfortably and squeeze her legs together. "Did you make this?" I attempted to ease her. She nodded with a smile. "Wanna try some?" I separated some of the omelet and held it out for her.

"No thanks. I'm not the best with food." She sheepishly admitted.

"Oh, is that a vampire thing where you can't eat food?"

"No, it's a me thing. I for some reason get very nauseous when I consume human food. It also makes me a little weak." She eyed my food in disgust. "The taste... I just can't comprehend how people enjoy it." She scrunched up her nose.

"Then how can you cook so well if you don't taste your finished product?" I was jealous that she was such a good cook and I was so not.

"Following recipes and my heightened sense of smell to get an idea of the ratio of ingredients." She shrugged. Okay, that was impressive. "Time to get ready." She took my empty plate.

"Can I shower?" She nodded and left with the dirty dish.

I was about to shower when I realized I didn't have any clothes. I don't think Lara would mind, so I ruffled through her clothes until I found a simple black v-neck and jeans. I'm surprised she has jeans since she normally wears very short skirts or skin tight dresses.

I went and did my business. I took a little longer than normal since my mind kept wondering where we were going. I was also shocked that I was taking this well. I legit just found out she's a vampire and am willingly going to an undisclosed location with her. Well, yolo I guess.

I turned the shower off and used some of her many lotions. After I was lathered up, I exited the room. I was expecting to see her lounging around, but the room was empty. I gathered my stuff and walked out her bedroom and made my way to the living room.