18

The blinding sun rays woke me up. I squinted to see the bright morning sky. I hissed and pulled the covers over my face. The only reason I lowered them was because I heard soft chuckles. I turned to see Lara gazing at me.

"You're acting like a vampire with the sun." She teased.

"How come you refuse to erupt into flames and then fall into a pile of ash?" I snarked. My eyes widened at what I just said. I didn't mean to be so harsh. Sure I wasn't a morning person, but I didn't need to be such a bitch about it. I opened my mouth to apologize, but Lara fell onto her back with laughter.

"Oh, love. Your wolf packs an intense bite, doesn't she?" She kept laughing even louder. "I thought dealing with your sarcasm was enough, but that coupled with the utter savagery from your wolf is astounding!" She shook with laughter. "Ahhh, I sure have my hands full with you." She had a big smile on her face.

"Is my wolf always that temperamental?"

How dare you describe me like that! I jumped from the Italian accent in my head.

"Wolfy having anger issues?" Lara teased. She noticed my panicked face, so she spoke again. "Your wolf will communicate with you through your consciousness. It's a normal thing. Ask her what she wants?" She prodded me.

You! My mate! Mine!

"Umm... she's horny."

"As you both should be in my presence." She moved, allowing the covers to reveal her naked torso.

My wolf growled in delight. I had to fight for control so that her animalistic urges wouldn't cause me to jump the sexy woman in the bed. Lara clearly was amused by my inner struggle. She was totally doing this on purpose!

"Stop it!" I yanked the covers over her, resulting in an eruption of laughter.

Sex! Sex! Sex!

"Stop it! And control your hormones!"

How can I with that naked sex goddess in the bed!

"I mean you have a point there, but calm down. Sheesh!" I huffed. "Now I'm regretting allowing Lara to release you. You are incredibly annoying."

"Ask her name?" I turned to Lara. "All wolves have their own name. Ask hers."

"Umm... what's-"

Chiara ! I don't answer to you! I answer to our mate!

"Rude." I grumbled. "And her name is Chiara." I turned to Lara.

"Huh, Chiara." My wolf whined in delight as our mate tried the name out on her lips. "Chai, would you be a dear and help Mila out. She's struggling with the additional voice and emotions. Please, guide her."

Of course! I could practically see my wolf wagging her tail in compliance. Unbelievable!

"How'd you know-"

"She's obsessed with me like I am with you." She kissed me. "Meaning that she's more inclined to do whatever please me, as I would with you. Now..." She stood up, causing the covers to drop. I felt the urge to take her after seeing her stunning body, so I did just that.

I twirled her around and pushed her on the bed before straddling her. Her lips fell in sync with mine. She pulled my hair, causing me to moan into her mouth. I felt her hand slip between my thighs and massage my heat. I felt the sudden need to sink my teeth into her and mark her. I didn't know why I was feeling that way, so I reluctantly pulled back. She looked at me momentarily confused before her features morphed into understanding.