Chapter Twenty Six

Dedicated to all of you amazing, amazing people who have stuck with this book and seen it through this entire time. Thank you all for your support!!  

The song on the side is Love the way you lie by Eminem ft Rhianna which is one of my absolute favourite songs right now.

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

-Cole-

I watched as she twirled, twisted and whirled around, looking as if her movements were effortless. Her brow was furrowed with concentration and she looked absolutely breath-taking.

Shaking off the thought, I began to clap loudly and she turned to face me, startled.

She was panting and her cheeks were tinged with red, both from exertion and embarrassment.

“Um…hi,” her voice was uncertain and she was frowning. “What are you doing here?”

“The deal,” I said simply.

She nodded and tucked loose strands of hair behind her ear. “Right, yeah. Of course.”

“You dance well.”

“Oh…” she seemed unsure if I was mocking her or not so I gave her a sincere smile. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Do you perform on stage?”

“Sometimes. We have to do plays and musicals sometimes. Or a showcase,” she told me, pressing a button on the remote so the music stopped.

Silence settled over us and I could see she was contemplating turning the music back on to avoid the quiet.

I felt unsure of myself all of a sudden. “Well…”

“Well…” she mimicked me and then smiled. “I’ll see you at school okay?”

“Yeah. Um…okay. Bye then,”  I waved awkwardly and left.

-Scarlett-

I smiled as Cole left awkwardly and tried not to notice how cute he looked.

His hair looked soft and freshly washed and his eyes seemed to be brighter than usual. I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t noticed he was attractive before but as I looked closer I could see it in his lean build and defined jaw line.

Stop Scarlett! You have a boyfriend, I reminded myself.

I sighed and started to pack my things up in order to head to school.

**

School was as anti-climatic as usual. Stacy wouldn’t stop blabbering and Brandon was playing football with his friends. We had barely spoken after he apologised and I could feel the distance in between us getting wider.

It was weird though, how I didn’t actually want to bridge the distance. I didn’t want to invite him over or have a make-out session behind the bleachers or even think about going to prom with him.

All I could think about was Cole.

I hadn’t seen him all day and I tried to look for him in the least suspicious way possible.

At the end of the day, after finally searching and asking around, I gave up and decided to head home.

**

Parking the car, I began to search through my bag for my keys when I spotted a figure on the doorstep.

“What are you doing here?” I asked walking out.