Chapter Eight

Dedicated to the lovely @EmilyMahTippetts because she is a beautiful writer and her stories are so realistic and truthful and refreshing and she is just amazing!

And the song that is linked to the side is Superheroes by The Script and it has nothing to do with this chapter but I just love the song so much and I feel like everyone should listen to it :)

NOT EDITED, I KNOW, I SUCK. :(

CHAPTER EIGHT

-Scarlett-

I winced at the situation. Brandon was glaring daggers at Cole who stood in front of us, pen and pad in hand, ready for us to order. Cole looked blank and indifferent and I mentally chastened him for it. It would be sure to just aggravate Brandon more.

I could guess why Brandon hated Cole after what happened at the party. And I suppose Brandon thought it would be a good idea to teach him a lesson.

I was honestly surprised to see Cole. I hadn't pictured him as someone that would be out working, but then again, here he was.

I put my hand over Brandon's as a silent plea to not cause a scene. He relaxed slightly. I looked over the menu and then shrugged and looked back up at Cole.

"Whatever's on special," I said indifferently and he scribbled it down.

"Okay. And sir," he turned to Brandon "you?"

Brandon pursed his lips and looked over the menu. "Yeah, the special for me too."

Cole nodded and walked away, calmly, not scurrying like I would have expected him to.

I turned to look at Brandon. "Relax, okay? Don't let him ruin our first date," I smiled and the mention of the date made Brandon relax instantaneously and he looked at me and smiled.

"Of course, babe. I'm sorry, I let my temper get the best of me."

I shook my head. "No, no, it's okay. I'm just so glad we're doing this!"

Brandon took my hand and laced our fingers together. "Yeah, me too!"

I had to smile.

**

The food was taking it's time in coming. My stomach had begun to grumble and I could see Brandon getting more and more aggravated. I had half a mind to go into the kitchen and demand to know what was taking so long when I spotted Cole, carrying a couple of dishes expertly towards our tables.

He set two delicious smelling soups in front of us with some crusty bread on the side and then two plates of pasta. He bowed slightly and left.

I dug in straight away. The soup was hot, but not enough to burn my tongue and the bread was warm and buttery which wasn't good for my figure, but at this point, I didn't care.

I could see Brandon across from me, doing the same thing.

We had wiped our plates clean when we both sat back with a sigh. I patted my tummy and laughed.

"This place does take a long time to deliver, but man, the food is amazing!" Brandon groaned and I laughed again, nodding.

"Mmm...I don't think I can eat another bite!"

"Not even ice cream?" Brandon teased and I shook my head.

I shouldn't. I couldn't. I worked hard to stay in shape, not only to look good but for my dancing and if I let loose it would be hard to stop but looking at Brandon's puppy dog eyes made me falter.