Chapter Thirteen

Dedicated to @notions bc I read her book Oblivious and oh my goodness aha it is so unique and well written and something I understand bc I love youtube too aha

And the song to the side is Daylight by Maroon 5 and I chose it because I feel like it literally describes Cole and Scarlett's relationship in which they are both different people with each other when they are alone compared to the way they act with the rest of society. And because the song is perfection in lyrics. :)

I TRIED MY BEST TO EDIT BUT PLEASE EXCUSE ANY TYPOS

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-Scarlett-

"Hi," Cole said, approaching me. I tried not to let my mouth drop open in surprise as he nodded at me coolly. His face was blank without a hint of emotion and I tried to not feel awkward.

"Hey," I replied back hesitantly. "Um...can I help you?"

He frowned. "Oh right, um...the week still isn't up."

"So...?" I felt confused.

"So you need to do the journal entries otherwise we both lose marks," he spoke slowly as if I was a child.

"Oh right...um," I could feel my cheeks reddening at the mention of the journal entries. "Uh, right, okay, um...are you free to do them now?" I wanted to slap myself for sounding like some fumbling idiot.

I was Scarlett Anderson and people like Cole Jackson did not make me nervous.

He pulled his phone out from his pocket and frowned down at the screen. "Uh, sorry I can't do it today," he said.

I was about to agree and walk away but stopped myself in time. People changed their plans for me. Not the other way around.

Straightening myself to my full height and raising an eyebrow, I spoke in the most self-assured tone I could. "Sorry but we have to do it today. I have plans tomorrow."

"And I have plans today."

"Well change them," I said waving a hand.

Cole looked like he was about to say something else but then shut his mouth with what looked like, an evil smirk.

"Fine."

"What?" I was a little shocked at how easy that was.

"I said fine, but you have to drive me there," he grinned.

I frowned.

"Fine, get in," I said grumpily, unlocking and sliding in. "Oh, and don't spill anything," I said before zooming away.

**

"Why are we here?" I asked, snorting.

We were parked in front of a normal suburban house with a red roof and little potted plants placed randomly around the entrance. It was quite cute.

"You need to do the notes and I need to babysit my sister," Cole smirked at me and my jaw dropped.

"So I need to hang around a little whiny kid and a bigger whiny kid just to get a good grade?" I groaned.

Cole laughed, surprising me.

I had just insulted him. Why was he laughing? He should be cowering in fear, begging me to not crush what little social status he had.

"Aren't you quite the charmer," he gave me a crooked grin and for the first time, I noticed the slight dimples he had.

"Shut up," I grumbled, climbing out.