Chapter Nine

Dedicated to @xxgothicgirlxx for the stunning gif banner she made me for this book. Thank you a ton, it's lovely.

The song on the side is Shake it off by Taylor Swift cause I just love the new Tay, honestly, and her music just gets better and better and this song has a lovely message. Btw, can I just say how much I love the video? Especially the bow at the end? It cracked me up.

CHAPTER NINE

-Cole-

I wiped a droplet of spit that had just flown at me from the front of the classroom, off my cheek, trying not to cringe. Mr Dick (yes, that was his actual name, how unfortunate for him!) was substituting for Ms Garcia, in psychology, since she was apparently off in the Middle East learning belly dancing.

Or that was what we were told.

Either way, the visual image was not appealing.

Mr Dick was pacing around the classroom, waving his hands around agitatedly. I could hear the snickers and whispers that were being exchanged.

The whispers were probably about the strange suit he was wearing and the way it looked almost constricting. Or the way his glasses slid down his sweaty, oily nose. Or the way his greasy hair stuck to his forehead as the humidity in the room grew.

I pressed my hand to my forehead. I could feel a headache coming on, mainly from his nasally voice and the heat that constricted the room. Either of the two reasons made me want to run to the nurse's office and beg for some aspirin.

I closed my eyes and rested it on my arms. I welcomed the calm blackness until I felt the sharp sound of a ruler being banged on my desk.

I jerked up, blinking wildly as I met Mr Dick's beady little eyes, that also seemed to be sweating, which if you really thought about it, wasn't exactly possible.

"Were you sleeping in my class, son?" he demanded, leaning over me to examine my face.

I shook my head.

"I think you were! Don't lie to me!"

I bit back a groan at his pompous behaviour and put on my most sincere face. "Sorry sir, it won't happen again."

He nodded and leaned back, satisfied. Walking to the front of the classroom, he continued his lecture, which I think was about human emotions and more specifically, why people cried.

I know, I thought sarcastically, maybe it's your boring lessons.

I stared out the window for most of Mr Dick's speech until he clapped his hands together to get our attention.

"Okay class, I hope you all were listening to my fascinating speech because now you have another assignment with your assigned partners. It's gonna be about emotions so I hope you all know your facts!" he grinned around the class, showcasing his yellow teeth, hoping for a reaction from us.

As expected, he got none.

Frowning, he clapped his hands together, once again, but this time with more anger.

"Partner up class. NOW!" he yelled when no one listened.

Reluctantly, I got up and moved towards where Scarlett was sitting in the middle row.

When I sat down, she didn't bother to acknowledge me and I didn't say anything to her. We both sat in silence till an aggravated Mr Dick came and handed us our assignment sheet.

I picked up the sheet and examined the typed words.

Psychology assignment - emotions

For this assignment, your partner and you are going to decide between yourselves as to who this assignment is going to be about.

One of you will be required to write notes on the other as the week progresses and in the end, write an essay on how their emotions reflect their personality and behaviour.

This will be due in next week.

I put the paper down. Next to me, Scarlett who had also finished reading, tapped her nails on the table.

Wincing at how awkward the situation was, I scratched the back of my head. When I was partnered up with Scarlett, I knew it wouldn't exactly be easy but this was just beyond difficult.

And all the projects we had to do, especially ones when we had to spend days with each other made things worse.

The incident that happned at the party was still fresh in my mind. And what happened at the restaurant. In both of them, Scarlett had stepped in to stop Brandon from punching me, which I was mildly grateful for.

It wasn't that I couldn't hold my own against him. it was more along the lines of how he was a football player and I was a 'nobody'. The school worshipped him and the ground he walked on, including the teachers. One punch that I delivered, even outside out school, even if it was only self-defence, I would be suspended from the school faster than I could say 'it wasn't my fault'.

It just went to show how biased the school was.

I turned to Scarlett. "I'm not doing the notes again."

She looked at me and frowned savagely, as if I was some pesky fly that buzzed around her head. "And why not?" she demanded, raising a perfectly waxed eyebrow.

"Cause I did it last time," I shrugged.

It was boring as hell going shopping and to that party. I wasn't going to go through that for a week.

"Well that means you can do it again then," she said flippantly and sat back, while filing her manicured nails.

I shook my head. "Don't be so difficult."

She sat up, quickly, startling me. "I am not difficult!"

I snorted but said nothing, letting the silence speak for its self.

Scarlett huffed. "I am not, okay?"

I shrugged. "Whatever you say, but you're doing the notes this time."

The glare she shot me could have burnt through fire but I ignored it.

"But your life is boring! And I don't want to have to give up my life for a week!"

"And yet you want me to give up mine?"

"Well," she frowned "it's not like you do much anyway."

She did have a point but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Either way, you're doing the notes on me for this assignment."

"Fine."

I smiled in satisfaction.

"We start today so make sure you have pen and paper at the ready," I snickered.

"Shut up."

_____________________

A/N : Can I just say how amazing gossip girl is? Honestly, I didn't want to watch it at the start cause of the whole 'gossip' and 'scandal' thing but I have to say, I am so and totally hooked.

And Blair and Chuck are just so cute. <3

So anyway, hey guys. I hope you all had a nice day (or hope you have a nice day, you know with the whole time zone thing) and that you liked this chapter. I admit, it's not my longest but I didn't want to make it draggy cause it was a bit of a filler.

Anyway, if you did like it, as usual, please vote, comment and fan cause I really do appreciate it. And if you didn't like it, please leave a little note about how I can improve because as a new author, I would really appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Anyway, if you read this long a/n you are the absolute bomb.com.