Chapter One

Dedicated to @starlightt cause im reading 'Just Desserts' by her and ugh, i think im in love (especially when she talks about cupcakes!)

And picture of Scarlett aka Zoey Deutch (from Vampire Academy) to the side or above if you are on mobile. 

CHAPTER ONE

-Scarlett-

Today was the first day of senior year. I had woken up earlier than usual to make sure that I looked my best.

After all, that was all that mattered right?

Society assured you that looks didn’t matter and people weren’t judged on whether they were pretty or not but they were all lies; we were all put into categories, pretty and not pretty. Worthy and unworthy.

I was one of the people that chose to live up to society’s expectations.

But I didn’t mind. Not really anyway.

It wasn’t a bad feeling; being fawned over, having people look up to you and admire you.

I snapped my mind back to the task and hand; getting ready.

I pulled on a mini pleated skirt and a cute preppy looking top paired with black, shiny heels. I straightened my hair and carefully applied my makeup.

I did a quick check in the mirror and sighed with satisfaction at what I saw. Mocha coloured eyes stared back at me and my brown hair was shiny and soft.

I looked hot, if I do say so myself.

I knew I was a pretty girl, I mean, who didn’t? I was the most sought out person at school (which is just a fancy way of saying I’m popular) and I had many job offers from modelling companies.

If I knew I was pretty, why shouldn’t I flaunt it? Just because some members of the society thought that made me conceited and snobby? Oh hell no.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen where my housekeeper, Jolly, had left a tub of fat-free vanilla yogurt. I devoured it quickly and got into my car.

Soon, I was speeding off in my new convertible I had gotten for my birthday before school started.

I parked my car in the school parking lot and took a moment to survey everyone else. Jocks threw around a football, geeks showed each other books, cheerleaders waved their pom poms around.

High school would never change.

I got out of my car and locked it with a click and started briskly towards the school doors.

I was instantly swamped by people wanting to know how my summer had been but I chose to ignore them. I marched straight over to my best friend, Stacy and started to complain about the geeks that blocked the entrance asking for donations for some cancer research. I purposefully ignored them and strode over to Stacy.

Stacy Black was my best friend and sidekick. She was quite pretty with her sandy hair and grey eyes and had her fair share of dotting followers but there was and only could be one queen and that was me.

I sat on my bed, looking out the window in an unusually forlorn mood.

I missed my mother. My parents were divorced and so my mother took legal custody of me but she was always busy, going to functions and parties and fashion shows.

She was a world famous fashion designer and even though it gave me access to some of the hottest trends and cutest clothes I would trade all that in a heartbeat if it meant Mom would spend time with me.