Chapter Fifteen

Dedicated to @wonderlandwriter for the beautiful cover on the side and for being super talented and patient.

The song to the side is Blank Spaces by the lovely Taylor Swift and i have been so obsessed with her album 1989 lately wow

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

-Cole-

There was a little note left for me in homeroom this morning. My teacher had handed it to me as I left the classroom and I read it while walking to geography.

Prom committee starts today. See you at 3.30

-Principal Johnson

I crumpled the paper and threw it into the trash can.

**

"Welcome to the 2014 Prom Committee everyone," a brunette named Nat, who was the head of the Prom Committee, grinned at all of us. "We are all very excited to have you on board and our aim is to have the best prom for all our seniors!" she beamed and looked around, her face falling slightly when she didn't see any enthusiastic faces.

I, for one, was less than enthusiastic. I mean, who the hell gets excited about hanging up streamers and balloons and all the other shit.

I had half a mind to not attend the Prom Committee at all but then I decided Prinicpal Johnson would make our punishment even worse than just being in the Prom Committee.

Scarlett sat next to me as Nat talked about all they planned to achieve this year and how it would happen. I tuned out most of it.

Next to me, Scarlett was yawning repeatedly which made me smile.

"Either you're really tired or really bored," I whispered to her, startling myself with the fact that I initiated conversation.

"Ugh, I'm just tired. My mom got home so late and there was someone with he- " she paused suddenly, probably realising who she was talking to and she instantly shut her mouth.

I wanted to ask her more about it but she turned to the front and pretended I wasn't there.

I turned back to the front too, even though I was slightly mulling over her words. Was she about to say that someone was with her mom?

I must have been thinking about it for a while because the next thing I felt was someone shaking my arm. Scarlett stared at me.

"What the hell are you doing, Jackson? Everyone's leaving."

I blinked and noticed that most of the meeting had already dispersed.

"Oh," I shook myself off "um right, well...let's go then," I said awkwardly and Scarlett gave me a 'what the hell' look.

We were just heading for the exit when an over-excited Nat bounded up to us.

"Hey guys!" she cheered "what did you think? Did you like some of the ideas? I didn't hear you two say much so I figured I'd come talk to you myself."

I blinked again. "Yeah it was good. Some nice ideas there," I complimented her and she grinned, practically glowing.

"Aw, thanks Cole," she smiled sweetly before turning to Scarlett.

"Hey Scarlett," she said "what do you think of the ideas? You know, since you're most likely to be voted Prom Queen and all," she laughed nervously and tucked her hair behind her ears.

Scarlett shrugged indifferently. "They were good."

Nat's face fell slightly at the blunt response before she grinned again. "Thanks Scarlett. Maybe we could work out some colour schemes?"