Chapter Four

Dedicated to @starlightt for making the adorable cover to the side (or above if you are on mobile.) Thank you so much cause i love it.

CHAPTER FOUR

-Scarlett-

I stared at the maths problem in front of me, frowning and gnawing at the end of my pencil.

I had been trying to crack it for the past half hour but with absolutely no success. I was trying to concentrate but my mind kept wandering back to my new psychology partner.

I groaned and slumped back on my bed. Why was I even wasting my time and energy thinking about him? He was nothing, merely another wandering face in the sea of high school.

But his words stuck in my mind, going round and round like a broken record.

People like you are just plastic.

I didn't want to believe him. I wanted to hate him.

You should, my subconscious snapped. He doesn't know anything about you or your life. And how dare he talk to you like that?

I nodded. Yeah, Cole Jackson better watch his mouth next time. After all, I was the one with the reins of high school right in my hands. One tug and he was a goner.

Sighing in satisfaction I went back to my math homework, determined to not let a bunch of symbols and numbers get the better of me.

I never really told my friends that I did my homework. They just assumed that I paid some geek to do it for me but in honesty, I went home and completed it myself. I didn't mind that much, learning was fun and most of the stuff we did at school was easy.

I knew that my mother and most of my friends and classmates, hell even my teachers, expected me to follow my mother's footsteps into the fashion industry, either as a designer or a model, but I had always had other ideas.

From a very young age, I had been dancing and recently I wanted to take it further and make it into a career. I hadn't told Mom yet, not knowing how she would react.

I jumped when I heard my laptop ping indicating I had an email. Opening up my inbox, I looked to see an email from someone at school.

I clicked to open it.

_________________________________________________________

To: scarlettanderson13@gmail.com

Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2014 5:14 PM

From: CJ2810@gmail.com

Subject: project.

Scarlett,

Just to let you know, we have to do our very first project. It is due in on Thursday so we need to get it done quick.

We have to meet up somewhere because it requires face-to-face communication so please let me know when and where.

Thanks,

Cole.

_________________________________________________________

I realised that the email was from Cole after I had read it and he was probably talking about the psychology assignment. I bit my lip wondering if I should reply or not.

Finally I decided, for the sake of my grades of course, to type out a quick reply.

_________________________________________________________