Chapter Seven

Dedicated to Trish (@roots_) because I was reading her book 'Social Climbers' and it is so amazing and cute and I just love the charcaters!

CHAPTER SEVEN

-Scarlett-

I winced as Jolly burst into my room, smiling brightly with a spatula in her hand and flung the curtains open.

She was humming a Scottish song under her breath, one she had sung to me many times as a child and that I knew subconsciously but could never pinpoint.

"Wake up, darling," she cooed in my ear as I groaned and buried myself deeper into the nest that was my bed.

"Nooo," I moaned as she ripped them back, viciously and I mumbled a whole string of foul curse words under my breath. "I want to sleep!"

She stood above me, smirking. "Nope, you have to get up. And I made pancakes," she bribed and I sat up.

I was a total and complete heath freak but pancakes were my guilty pleasure, the little thing I always liked to indulge in. It was rare but it did occur.

"Fine." I threw back the covers and stepped outside, shivering as the cold hit my bare legs and quickly rushed to my bathroom that was attached to my room.

I hated waking up in the morning, not only because I always felt tired and sleepy but also because I usually looked terrible in the morning and I hated not looking my best at any time. my hair would be wrinkled and messy despite my efforts to make my hair before I went to bed and my breath would smell stale and disgusting despite using my mint toothpaste and mint mouthwash and then eating a mint before getting into bed. My skin would feel oily and I would have pillow creases on my face, so yeah, I totally loved waking up in the morning and looking like crap.

Sighing, I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth before grabbing my towel and hopping into the shower.

I stood under the warm spray for quite a while thinking. Pondering. Mulling. Whatever you wanted to call it.

My mind wandered back to yesterday. I was quite surprised when I had stopped Brandon from beating Cole up. I remembered his defiant expression as he stared up to the star quarter back of the school.

He looked livid. And for a moment there I saw a glimpse of the real Cole Jackson. A person not to be reckoned with. He looked brave and quite frankly intimidating.

I knew others got the same vibe from him because they all had taken a step back. And for a second I thought that Cole really would have been able to hold his own against Brandon.

But that was before I saw Brandon's expression. He looked ready to commit murder if it came to that.

I didn't care about Cole when I stopped Brandon. Well, that is what I told myself anyway but I pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

The reason I stopped Brandon was so he didn't get benched for the rest of the football season and because I didn't really want Brandon to beat someone up despite my disliking for Cole.

There had been a rumour that had floated around for a while last year saying that Brandon had beat someone up so bad once that he had been put into a coma but he had supposedly gotten out of going to juvenile detention because his parents payed his way out.

I didn't believe any of the rumours.

But I did know that Brandon worked out for two hours a day not counting football training and that information spoke volumes.

So, with knowing that information, I stupidly ran in between them and told Brandon to drop it and thank god he did. Cole had stormed out promptly after that and the crowd that had gathered around us had dispelled.