Chapter Twenty Two

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who reads and comments and votes and supports me here on wattpad! Thank you for your support and happy 2015 to you <3

The song to the side is Boomerang by The Summer Set and I literally just discovered this song while writing this chapter and aha its so catchy omf. Hope you like it :-)

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

-Scarlett-

I had been in bed all day not wanting to get up.

I was confused. I couldn’t believe Brandon would try and do something like that.

It wasn’t like him.

Brandon, my Brandon would never do something like that.

My Brandon was sweet and sensitive and cared for me and he introduced me to his unfriendly parents and asked me to prom in the sweetest way and kissed me all the time.

Prom! What would I do about prom? Mom was expecting me to have a popular and cute date and how on earth would I win if I didn’t have the hottest guy on my arm, I thought. And what would Brandon spread about me in school? What kind of nasty things would he say?

Panic began to bubble up inside of me and I shivered. My life would literally be ruined if Brandon opened his mouth about what happened today. Not only would his friends believe him, they would joke about it and tell everyone else, making me the laughing stock of the school.

And what if Brandon told everyone Cole was my boyfriend and that he stepped in to save his ‘girlfriend’. My life would be ruined!

I liked Cole, he was okay for a loner, but no one could know that. It would completely tarnish my reputation.

Sighing, I rolled over and stared at the ceiling. Reaching out for my phone I unlocked it and looked through my messages.

There was nothing new there.

I locked it and dropped it beside me. Rolling over, I pressed my nose into my pillow.

I didn’t know how to feel about Brandon anymore. I was upset, confused, angry and worried.

How could Brandon force himself on me?

Why would he do that?

How dare he do that to me!

What would happen now?

I sat up and groaned, tugging lightly at my hair. Grabbing the nearest pillow, I flung it at the wall.

“Miss?” Jolly came into my room with a worried expression. “Scarlett are you okay?”

I shook my head and she clucked, rushing to me on her stubby feet.

“Aw Miss Scarlett? What happened?”

I sighed. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

She continued to stroke my hair as I lay my head on her shoulder, listening to the music coming softly from my laptop.

“This is so weirdly nostalgic,” I muttered remembering all the times she stroked my hair over the years.

She had been more like a mother to me than my own.

Jolly had always attended all my school plays and concerts, helping me get ready and practice prior. She had been the one to put a band aid over any cut or scrape I had gotten.

She had spent so much time and effort in supporting me when I had originally begun to dance. She would take me to and from lessons, organise times for me to practise, give me a few ideas or suggestions, help me get ready for concerts and make me costumes.