Chapter Sixteen

Dedicated to @beautyatwork bc she seriously inspires me and is a lovely person.

The song to the side is Clarity by Zedd bc it basically describes Scarlett and Cole’s relationship :)

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

-Scarlett-

I jumped as a pair of hands covered my eyes and I was about to start thrashing around in the fear of being kidnapped, when I heard a familiar chuckle.

Brandon.

Smiling, I leaned back and he kissed my cheek.

“Hey babe,” he said, pulling up a chair and sitting down next to me. I knew everyone who was sitting in the cafeteria had their eyes on us; all waiting for something juicy to gossip about.

“So you ready for our date on Friday?” I asked loud enough for everyone to hear. That should give them something to talk about, I thought smugly.

Brandon smiled at me. “Most definitely.”

I grinned back.

Next to me, Stacy sat, flirting with another jock, but every now and then, I saw her shoot us occasional glances. They were filled with an indescribable emotion. Was it…jealousy?

I shrugged it off.

**

Brandon picked me up for our date, exactly at 7 pm in his shiny car. He took us to some French restaurant that was two towns away.

He was dressed very well in dark wash denim jeans and a button down shirt. When I opened the door he had presented me with a bouquet of flowers and with a big smile on his face.

Brandon was probably one of the sweetest guys ever. He walked me to class, offered to hold my books and always asked me how my day had been.

Ever since we had been going out he had stopped flirting with any other girl. Most of them backed away anyway. They wouldn’t dare to double cross me.

He is so perfect, I thought wistfully.

Good looking, smart, kind, thoughtful, funny and polite. He was flawless. It was as simple as that.

I came back to the present as Brandon cleared his throat softly.

“You okay Scarlett?” he asked, concern filling his eyes.

I nodded silently and he gave me a smile.

“Do you want to order now?” he gestured to the menu in front of me and I nodded.

“Um yeah, sure…but I don’t know what to order,” I said hesitantly and he shook his head.

“That’s fine. I’ll order for you,” he reassured.

I didn’t tell him that I hated French food.

He turned to smile at me after he rattled our order off to the waiter.

“Don’t worry, you’ll love it,” he said and gave me another brilliant smile.

We made small talk while our food was being delivered. It was mostly about football and classes.

“How is training?” I asked, referring to the many hours he spent per week practising football.

He sighed. “Gruelling.”

I laughed. “Yeah, I can imagine. My dance finals are coming up in about a two months and my teacher is pushing me harder and harder.”

“Oh yeah, it totally slipped my mind that you dance!” he exclaimed apologetically “how it is?”