Chapter Eighteen

Dedicated to @KiaraLondon bc her books are very cute and original.

The song to the side is Wings by Birdy which is by far one of my absolute favourite songs!

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

-Scarlett-

When I finally walked into the cafeteria after a morning of classes I couldn’t wait to just sit, eat and relax.

Grabbing a tray and filling it with food, I sat down at my usual table and waited till Brandon and Stacy arrived.

They came a few minutes after I began to eat and Stacy sat down beside me while Brandon was opposite.

“Hey Scar,” Brandon leaned forward and kissed me lightly on the lips. “You ready to meet my parents?”

“Yeah,” I sighed quietly “why did you take so long to come?”

Brandon smirked slightly. “Had to do something.”

“And that was…?”

“Nothing important,” he laughed and shared a look with Stacy.

I shrugged it off. He probably just played some weird prank on his football buddies or something.

“Whatever. Anyway, what time do your parents get back?”

“Around 5.”

“Okay, right. Should I go home and change though?” I asked looking down at my outfit.

“Nah,” Brandon shrugged and kissed my cheek “you don’t need to. You look beautiful, as always.”

I smiled and kissed his cheek. “You’re too sweet.”

Brandon laughed and kissed my cheek back. “You’re the sweetest though!”

We both laughed and I could feel the stares of multiple eyes as we joked around. There were a few whispers and exclaims but mostly, everyone was silent.

Stacy cleared her throat awkwardly. “So…how did you and Cole go today for the psychology talk thing?”

I shrugged indifferently but mentally rolled my eyes. “Why did she keep bringing Cole up?”

“It was okay. How did you two go?”

Brandon smirked. “We went brilliant, didn’t we Stace?”

Stacy nodded somewhat awkwardly and I tried not to cringe at the nickname.

Turning to Stacy I raised my eyebrow in what was my ‘dangerous’ expression. Why was he all mysterious and smirking and why was he being all buddy-buddy with Stacy.

Did something happen between the two of them?

“What am I missing?” I asked, my voice having a sharp bite to it.

Brandon leaned forward and captured my lips with his for a short but brief kiss. “Nothing babe. Trust me.”

Just for good measure though, I grabbed the back of Brandon’s head and pulled him towards me, pressing my lips hard against his. We made out for a bit, before I began to run out of air.

Pulling away, I took large, gulping breaths of air and smiled at Brandon who looked shocked but smiled back.

I continued to eat my lunch, feeling quite victorious. That should show Stacy to try and mess with my boyfriend!

“Do your parents know I’m coming over?” I asked Brandon.

He nodded. “I think.”

I scrutinised his face but then shrugged. “If you say so. Anyway,” I said standing up “do you wanna go now?”