Chapter Two

Picture of Cole to the side (or above if you are on mobile) who is played by Fransisco Lachowski. (GOD HE IS SO HOT!)

CHAPTER TWO

-Scarlett-

“So, what are you gonna do about the whole Brandon thing?” Stacy asked me the next day before school.

I frowned down at my latte in thought.

“I don’t know. He asked for my number but he hasn’t called me yet,” I sighed and picked at my manicured nails.

“Don’t worry, he’ll ask you out soon,” Stacy reassured and I shrugged.

“I hope so.”

I spotted him standing a with his football mates, laughing about something. His dirty blonde hair shone brightly and I could make out his chiselled profile even though I was standing a couple of metres away.

I watched as the bus pulled up and a guy dark hair and a slouched posture stepped off. He had his hood pulled up to cover his hair although I could make out clumps sticking outwards.

Brandon and his friends approached him, laughing at something. The guy frowned, looking uncomfortable but not nervous. I watched as his fist clenched at something Brandon said and I wanted to snort in laughter at the thought of this skinny guy beating a jock like Brandon.

“Who is that kid?” I asked Stacy, indicating the boy.

She squinted. “Cole Jackson,” she said finally “a total loner. Bit of an emo, keeps to himself and all. I don’t think he has any friends.”

“None?” I tried to keep the shock out of my voice. Even the geeks in this school had at least one friend. I shrugged. “Whatever, let’s get to class,” I nudged Stacy slightly and we headed inside the school building, but not before I cast one last glance at the boy.

-Cole-

The stupid jocks were at it again.

As soon as I stepped off the bus, they approached me, grinning in malice.

They found the most trivial things to make fun of; my hair, clothes, posture, you name it.

It never really bothered me, what they thought of me. High school would be nothing but a distant memory after I grew up. And I only had one year left.

Brandon, the head of the little ‘make fun of Cole’ clique took a step forward, smirking.

“Hey freak, why did ya take the bus? Oh was it ‘cause mommy couldn’t afford to buy you one? Pity ‘cause I head a spare one and I would lend it to you but I don’t think you have the money to learn to drive,” he jeered and I rolled my eyes although that one hit a little closer to home.

I didn’t know how to drive. Mom didn’t have the time to teach me and I didn’t have the money to take those overpriced driving lessons so I was just stuck taking the bus or walking.

Rolling my eyes, I was about to walk away when Brandon opened his big mouth again.

“So, Jackson,” he began “I saw your mum at the club yesterday. The stripper club,” he smirked at me and his cronies laughed. I clenched my fists. I would have walked away but he had to open his mouth once more. “And, my, if I do say so myself, she had a fabulous rack,” he laughed and that was all it took for all hell to break loose.

I punched him. Hard. In the face. I heard a cracking sound but I ignored it. I brought my knee up to smash it against his stomach. His friends rushed forward and grabbed on to me but I refused to let go of Brandon.