Chapter Nineteen

Dedicated to @barcarolle for being a fab writer and bc she is one of my closest friends on this site!

Song for this chapter is Tee Shirt by Birdy because I love her and she is a fabulous singer. Btw feel free to check out my 8tracks account which you can reach by clicking the external link!

SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES! NOT FULLY EDITED

CHAPTER NINETEEN

-Scarlett-

Groaning, I rolled over and buried my face deeper into the covers, trying to forget the events of last night.

However hard I tried though, they wouldn’t disappear. They continued to play over and over like a broken record inside my head.

My phone rang beside me and I picked it up reluctantly.

“Hello?” my voice was groggy.

“Where are you?” Cole’s voice came over the other end of the phone.

“What?”

“Where are you? We have psychology and that project that is worth a ton of our grade and you don’t even bother to show up?” he half-yelled and I pulled my phone away from my ear to look at the time.

The white numbers read 10.45 and I groaned.

“Oh my god! I overslept,” I sighed and I could practically see Cole rolling his eyes.

“Just hurry up and get here already!”

I pulled the covers back, shivering as the cool air hit my bare legs and got out, rushing to get ready.

I was finally ready in 20 minutes which was a new record for me.

Grabbing a banana, I rushed into my car and pulled out of my driveway.

At the red lights, on the way to school, I took a few bites of my banana and thought about last night.

It was the most awkward dinner of my life! Mr Taylor kept asking me questions about myself and Mrs Taylor either gave me disapproving stares or just ignored me throughout the entire duration.

Brandon on the other hand was completely oblivious and kept talking to his parents as per usual and occasionally leaned forward to kiss my cheek.

The food was quite delicious and my stomach was already grumbling but I took small portions, afraid of what Mrs Taylor would think of me. I didn’t want her to think I was some sort of hungry pig!

All throughout the night, I tried to initiate conversation with her but she was always either uninterested or cut me off instantly with a biting remark.

After dinner, Brandon decided that the four of us should all watch a movie, so we all sat down in the living room and continued to watch the movie Brandon and I were before we got…distracted earlier.

It would have been fun and homely if the tension hadn’t been thick enough to cut with a knife.

I eventually gave up trying to get to know them and asked if Brandon could drop me back home and that was the end of one of the most awkward nights of my life.

Finally reaching school, I parked my car in the lot and grabbed a late pass from the office, making up an excuse saying that my mother required help for her clothing line, and rushed to class.

Bursting inside, I handed the pass to Ms Garcia who gave me a disapproving look but nodded towards my seat, an indication I should sit down.

Walking, I sat down once I reach and pulled my books out. Cole was scribbling something in the journal when I turned to him.