Chapter Six

Dedicated to @xxgothicgirlxx for the amazingly cute banner she made me which is on the side (or above if you are on mobile). I love it and it is literally perfection!

CHAPTER SIX

-Scarlett-

I grinned at Cole. "Which means it's party time!"

I almost wanted to laugh out loud at Cole's horrified expression. He didn't seem like the type that partied a lot but it was a day in my life and this is what I did.

As I had dragged Cole through the mall, I had felt the small twinge of remorse at his horrified expression but he kept on whining so it disappeared as soon as it came. When I had seen the Victoria's Secret store, I had the strongest urge to drag him in there just to see how he would react.

I had expected him to ogle at the lingerie placed on display around the store, but then again, Cole wasn't a normal, hormonal, teenage guy.

At the time, I couldn't help but comment on his virginity. It was a low blow, even I knew that and many guys would have taken offence to that but Cole had just looked me in the eye and told me he wanted his first to be with someone he loved.

If it had been anyone else, they would have sounded girly but Cole seemed to pull it off smoothly. I didn't know what to say after he had stormed out. I was shocked, honestly, by what he had said but at the same time, I had a feeling he would say something like that.

I snapped myself back to the present as I saw Cole's hand creep towards the handle by the door. Quick as a flash, I flicked the lock button from the driver's side and all the doors were locked from the inside.

Cole sat back with a huff and from the corner of my eye, I could see him glaring at me.

"Can't I just go home? I have enough information for the entry!" Cole pleaded and I shook my head.

"No way. There is no way you are getting out of this party. Just suck it up," I said harshly.

Cole looked out of the window.

* * * *

The lawn was littered with red cups and laughing people were scattered all over the lawn, some sober enough to stand and others drunk enough to be lolling on the ground, hugging the grass and mumbling to themselves.

I wrinkled my nose as I stepped out of the car. The smell of beer hit my nostrils making me gag as well as sweat and the stale smell of vomit.

But I ignored it as Stacy and a couple other girls rushed towards me. Stacy wore a silver dress and killer heels. She looked dazed and a little drunk and had hickey marks all over her neck.

She grabbed my hands and shook me. "Yay! Scarlett is finally here," she slurred. "Now the party can get started."

She dragged me inside the house. "Guys, Scarlett's here!" she yelled and a lot of people turned to look and some rushed over, blabbering about the latest gossip and the cutest guys.

I ignored them all, searching for Brandon in the crowd. I spotted his blonde head and began to walk over. He was talking to one of his football buddies and taking occasional sips of his drink.

When he spotted me, he clapped his friend on the back in a goodbye and strode towards me.

"Hey," he said as he reached me.

"Hey," I replied nonchalantly even though my heart was fluttering inside my rib cage.

He looked exceptionally good in his dark wash jeans and tight fitting top that showcased his huge biceps and lean, taunt stomach.