Chapter Three

Dedicated to @yourstrulytrina because recently, I've been reading her books and they are so cute!

CHAPTER THREE

-Scarlett-

I walked into psychology with Stacy behind me and purposely sat near Brandon, who had his head down and gave him a flirty smile before flipping my hair over my shoulder and looking to the front but he didn't notice.

A boisterous looking teacher entered the class and beamed at us. She set her bag down and clapped to get our attention.

She had dark hair that had been left out loosely and she wore a sunflower blouse and long skirt with cherries printed onto it and bells attached to the bottom.

I winced and looked away. Some people really didn't know how to dress themselves.

The first thing she did was call out the role. I raised my hand when she said my name.

"Here," I muttered and she grinned brightly.

"Nice to meet you Scarlett."

"Yeah, you too..." I sank into my seat to try and avoid eye contact with her again.

She continued to call the role until she said Cole's name.

"Cole? Cole Jackson? Is he here?" She looked around the classroom searching for him and I wondered why the name sounded so familiar.

Cole...Cole....aha, Cole Jackson as in the guy Stacy was telling me about. I didn't know he was in this class.

The teacher frowned and shrugged before continuing through the role. She had just clapped her hands together to get our attention once again and opened her mouth to speak when the door flew open.

Cole walked in, his cheeks flushing as everyone turned to look at him. The murmur of whispers went around the class.

That's the boy that punched Brandon Taylor.

Really? Oh wow.

Yeah, I heard Principal Johnson found out. He was livid!

I frowned and turned to Stacy.

"Cole hit Brandon?" I whispered, conscious of the fact that he was sitting close to us with his head down.

She frowned sympathetically. "Yeah, check your phone."

I quickly slid my phone out of my skirt pocket and slid my thumb over the lockscreen, making sure to keep it carefully hidden under the table although the teacher wasn't even looking.

I tapped on my messages app and saw a forwarded message from Stacy. It was a video. I tapped play and muted the volume on my phone.

I watched in horror as Cole raised his fist and punched Brandon's nose. His friends were slow to react and I rolled my eyes as they tried to restrain Cole after one or two minutes.

I looked up at Stacy who shrugged.

"What was the fight about?" I whispered.

"I heard that Cole just has anger management issues," she explained. "Apparently he beat up a little kid just 'cause he bumped into the ice cream Cole was holding."

I frowned. "What a dick."

Stacy nodded. "Yeah, stay away from him."

I nodded and tuned back into what the teacher was saying. She introduced herself as Ms Garcia and began to explain the assignment.