Chapter 7 - Murder

Dana's pov -

Today was work but I'm a bit nervous since yesterday I got a ticket- oh- I got a ticket. I wanted to scream and cry. I need side job. Maybe just for weekends or weekdays at night or something! I just need to pay this thing off by the deadline or else Bilal will find out..

If I can't get another side job then I would need to ask him. I hope he doesn't get too mad. By the end of this week? Right? Oh god I'm doomed.

I get my bag and put it on my shoulder. Im going to cry if I don't pay it off. 'I'm not acutely going to cry but mentally I am.

I was going to leave the house but I stop in my tracks. I almost left without taking my meds. That would be terrible. I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed water and my meds.

I take the meds and put it back in the cabinet. I head back to the door and opened it. I stopped in my tracks immediately. What happened? I looked around and see police cars and police everywhere. Two ambulances too.

Did someone get hurt badly?

I see yellow tape surrounded by the door. I closed my house door and watched as people also whispered talking. Memories of last night flashed through my eyes.

I see the paramedics take a women. I gasped and my hand immediately goes to my mouth in shock. They covered her face quickly and head to the ambulance.

The man yesterday.

The screaming.

My body collided to my door as I was left in shock. I see more police cars come and as i see another one come it says, 'FBI' oh my Allah.

I slowly started walking away from this scene. I also don't wanna be late. I stared at the police as they widen the door. I walked and stared behind me to see if I could see what happened inside the house. I just wanna peek a little— I shouldn't.

I walked to the hospital with my thoughts filled of stuff. I swear I saw stuff maybe I was so tired I was hallucinating. But it can't be no coincidence...

Once I arrived and put my bag in the locker room I went to the other buses and checked the schedule for today. My thoughts paused as Ella spoke to me. "You got caught!" She laughed and I stared at her laughing. What's so funny?

"It was so funny. And why did you block me? It wasn't my fault you were slow." She laughed and I clenched my fists.

"I remove extra junk from my phone.." I said mumbling. Clearly don't have the guts to say it to her properly but by the angry look on her face she heard.

"What did you say? No don't be scared say it louder." She said getting closer to me with a angry face. I stared at her blankly.

"Chill." I said but she only got angrier. That sounds like a you problem. I awkwardly smile and push her slightly as she got into my personal space. I then move myself away from her. The nurses around were staring looking at us like tea was spilled. Which was the case.

"Nurses!" A police officer yelled and was pulling a body on one of the beds. I run to them and see it's the women from before. It's her body, the one who I heard scream yesterday.

"She's still slightly bleeding! But I don't think for long! She was stabbed two times! One in the leg and another on the left of her stomach. Hurry!" The police officer yelled and he helped us push the bed to the ER.

We called the doctor and two doctors came quickly and immediately started get ready. I held the breathing bag.

The knife was still in her stomach. If we take it out then she will bleed to death so we need to get our materials ready before we move that knife. One move wrong and she's a goner.

the doctors get tools and some other nurses ripped the cloth off carefully. We have to put her in a stable condition.

The trauma team are all doing multiple things. At least 20 hands at one time are moving around. Once her cloth are carefully off they apply IVs on her chest, stomach, neck, arms, and head.

They immediately start working on the knife wound. On both ends.

First the surgeon makes an incision close to the knife entrance wound then dissects down to the knife tip. If an artery is involved the surgeon will dissect directly to the artery. Before removing the knife the artery is clamped on each side of the knife and sutured or grafted after the knife is removed.

They get cotton balls and swabs and start to  clean the wound before stitching it up. I take the breathing bag out and put a breathing mask on her and handed the doctors the materials they asked for when they were closing the wound.

The police were in the lobby talking to the doctors about the women's condition. Her wounds were treated with great care but we don't know when she'll wake up. Maybe in three hours or more.

I had washed my bloody hands already. I sighed when looking at the time. Two hours already passed.

I laid my head on the counter. My head wondering back to yesterday. What the heck happened. I saw a man leave her apartment after she stopped screaming. He stabbed her- HE STABBED HER??

I lifted my head fast and with frighten eyes I wondered around the room. I basically have so much information that could help lol or find the person.

The security cameras don't work in the apartments. Their old shabby places. Of course they don't work.

I turn around and went to check up on the lady. But my body collided with someone. I whined from the pain and looked up. It's him!

Grey.

"Grey?" I said softly and tilted my head to the side confused.

His eyes dropped to a ranging ones. "Watch it." He said in a cold tone. What did I do wrong? I shake my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "You're a grown man you can take it." I said and raised my chin trying to look tough but i looked like an ant.

He looked like he was going to speak but a voice cut us both off guard. "Sir she woke up." One of the doctors said and he looked at me and moved aside from me and went to the lady's room. I watched as some of the  other fbi members went too.

I stayed in my chair. I bit down on my hand skin. My legs moved up and down violently. I was spaced out thinking of yesterday night over and over again.

She was getting murdered and I could of done something. She would of been fine by now. But she didn't die so I'm good.

"Dana go to 110 room and check her blood pressure." Laura said and sat down on a chair. I nod and get up from the chair and head to the room. It's downstairs so I'm glad about the that. The 1 hundreds and two hundreds are down stairs.

I arrived to the door and went in softly. Everyone stared at me and stopped talking but continued again. I get to her and check all her levels.

"Did you see who the person was?" One of the fbi person said. The lady closed her eyes and moved her head slightly and looked back at the person. "N-n-no." He whispered breathily and closed her eyes and opened it again.

"What time did he leave do you know?" A familiar deep cold voice spoke. I looked and see him writing things in a notebook.

I know what time.

I was awake.

I saw him leave.

I bite down on my lips to not talk or say something. The lady once again took time to answer cuz she's not fully well to talk.

"I-I do-don't know" she said breathily and they continued to write. "Thank you for your time. Rest well." One of the fbi agents said and they started to leave.

Don't do it Dana! I'm going to do it.

I followed Grey out. He was the last one out. I tap him on the shoulder and he stopped walking. He turned around and looked at me coldly.

"Grey.." I said softly. And he looked at me for a couple of seconds. "Hm." He responded with a deep tone. and I felt all giddy. What is happening. So much just happened in a couple of minutes.

"I know what time he left her apartment." I said softly.

——-
Follow me on tik tok
(If you want)
Rosymilk_