Chapter 9 - Daughter

Rafael pov-

I take a sip of my beer. I placed the cup on the counter again. I wanna get drunk. And high. But i can't, im on a case. When we're on a case we can't drink a beer could be fine but a certain amount.

We could get fired if we broke that rule. I come to this place a lot. It calms me down after something that has bothered my thoughts. I'm used to gross and disturbing images. Dead bodies, blood, bones of victims, and more. I've gotten used to it. So I know that's not what brought me here tonight.

This one case we had to do was the last time I remember being..'disturbed' but only for two nights then I was fine.

It was a heavy case. I was going to the police station and I saw this little girl standing alone across the street.

It was night and it's unsafe. She's a child. So I crossed the street and went to her. I held her hand and asked where her mom and dad are but she said they went somewhere.

I held her hand and guided her back to the police station. I waited at the station for hours for her parents to come.

Yes we contacted them. Police even searched their house but they had left. They abandoned the child. I remember talking to the little, she was a very shy child. She was 5.

She told me so many stories, she told me she wanted to go to Disney land. I remember feeling very happy around her.

She felt special to me

I then adopted her a year later and she was my pride and joy. She was only person I actually shared my laughs and smile with.

I would take her to school and back. Lilac was my everything. I remember on her birthday I told her she would go to school and I would pick her up early so we can plan our trip to the place she wanted more.

Disney land. She was excited but our flight was at night so I let her go to school. She wanted to see all her friends and tell them.

I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes as the scenes replayed.

I got a call after an hour after I dropped her off. They said they was a school shooter at their elementary. I remember the moment I heard that my heart dropped the sweat on my body increased.

I sped to her school in a matter of seconds. But I was a minute late. The moment I arrived. I heard multiple gun shots fired.

Other parents were trying to get inside but the police stopped them.

I didn't care about anything but Lilac.

Sadly she was one of the victims. They found her cuddled up in a small cabinet holding the stuffed bunny I gave her.

She didn't close the cabinet door properly and the fucker got her. She was shot 3 times in the head.

I remember feeling this unfamiliar feeling. I fell to the floor when I saw her body. I was heartbroken. I remember holding her in my arms as the blood was all over my cloth.

I clenched my hair tightly.

I wish I can go back just one time. Just one time and tell her how much I love her. To tell her, no my love let's go home.

The shooter was caught. He's in death row. He killed 30 children and 15 teachers. I just wanna go back and hug her one more time. Kiss her one more time.

My mom had to come visit me constantly because I wasn't eating or resting. It was the only time in life I cried.

I've lost my daughter 3years ago. She would be 9 years old. She was only 6. Only fucking 6!!