Chapter 60 - Cancer??????!!

Rafael pov-

The day lilac got murdered I felt like my life was being sucked in. I remembered not feeling a thing after. It felt like there was nothing to feel. I don't know how to describe it other than showing little to no emotions to anyone.

I closed myself off and the only person was there was my mom, let's not get too fucking cheesy. I ain't gonna say she's my hero or all that emo shit. She's my mother she was there for me. But even saying that makes me feel unlike me.

After Lilac I didn't care about anything but my job. And turned into a workaholic. Growing up I was always one or two friends that would end up going their own way. Some just did some bad shit and went to jail.

Even tho I am a fbi I did do some drugs when I was younger and that got me in deep shit with my dad n mom. My father was more strict about it though he was fed up with me.

But after my dad passed away my mother was always taking 'dad roles' i actually got serious and started my training. I've had a couple of girlfriends but it never worked out.

I just focused on my work and my plan was just work. But a fucking spark lit in my life which threw me and my plans off guard. I fucking tried to get rid of her in my mind but she was burning in my head like a wildfire.

She was the reason I started to feel something. She is the reason I'm sitting in my car in front of Calmz, I looked down at the the drink I bought for her before I went to her apartment. Fucking boba.

Now it's just sitting here. I drag my hands through my face and through my hair. It's a stressful night. If she's going to make me feel something for the first time then I'm going to make her ass stay.

I couldn't give two fucks if I'm selfish but she's got me distracted from work, she's got me want to clock out early from work, something I have never done.

I'm not fucking dumb. I'm a fbi, I'm no dumb fuck. She didn't make eye contact, she kept clenching and unclenching her fists. She kept moving back, she didn't look at me after she said her words. It was dark but her eyes still glistened. She cried before or she was about to cry.

Her voice was scratchy and different than usual. I started at the distance, thinking the scenario over and over again in my brain till I get a logical answer.

She was fine when I dropped her off, she was very fucking fine. I wanna fucking go back right now but I know damn well she needs time.

"Fuck" I whispered and hit the wheel aggressively. I was planning on going to Calmz but I can't fucking sit there, it feels so fucking weird without her.

I turned the car on and headed towards my office. I'm going to fucking find out sooner or later. I'm going to check the cameras by her widow that point to the other apartment, they aren't showing footage of her but I can hear what happened at least.

———

I grabbed my laptop and stood in the police room. I'm at the station since new evidence got released from someone.

"So the man said he saw a lady on a rainy night talking with a man dressed in all black. He said he recognized the tan old car because the cars license plate matched his missing car." Ryan said and held a red folder that holds new information that's important.

I stood there holding the laptop in my hands still. I looked at him surprised at the new information. "Where."

He looked at me with a unsure look. "It was where—" before he can finish the sentence he stopped talking and looked behind me.

"Dude your girl's here." He said and put the file by his side tucking it away from sight. I looked at him confused and turned around.

Fucking shit!