Chapter 14 - Midnight Texts ~

Dana's pov -

I played with my hands getting at giddy. And not in the excitement way to see someone or something. I'm the total opposite right now.

Im feeling...guilty. I don't even know why I have to speak. I don't have time to cry. I promised mama I won't be tiring anyone in my family.

I have a heavy chest and a knot in my throat making it hard to breathe a little. I don't want to sound dramatic or 'seeking for attention.' Hell I won't ever tell anyone I'm sad or ever cry in front of someone.

I will never cry in front of anyone. I don't want to look dramatic or attention like girl. that's why I'm trying my best to not cry right now. Im at work. Where people can see me.

Other people deal with bigger issues than me so I shouldn't complain about anything.

I swallow the knot in my throat but it feels stuck. This wouldn't have happened if I just stayed shut. If I don't say anything it's the best option.

I will not cry. I closed my eyes and take deep breaths, slowly letting my shaky breath out. I did this several times to get rid of the feeling to cry.

I put my head back at work mode and sat looking at the computer with some documents I have to fill out for some patients.

I didn't feel like doing anything but I have to. I was cut out of my thoughts when someone slammed their hands on the front desk at me. I look up to see a police officer.

"Can I have the room number for the victims." He said looking at me like I'll just give it out.

"Sure but I need to see am Id.." I said softly and handed him the clipboard to sign in. I recently got told I have to ask the police officers their IDs now. I don't know why I was just told and I have to do so.

The man scoffed and shook his head. "Why do I need an ID, don't you see I'm a cop?!" He said Guiding his hands up and down his body to show his uniform. I stared at him frozen with wide eyes.

Is he—- is he really—

"I'm sorry sir but I'm just doing what I was told." I said softly again and that statement made him only angrier.

"Excuses!." He said annoyed and rolled his eyes.

"Sir I don't know what's your problem but there's nothing to argue about, I just need to see your police ID." I said softly still but a bit passive aggressive.

His face dropped to a pissed one again.

"Excuse me?? Are you trying to act smart with a cop?" He said and searched his pockets for something.

I stared at him confused. "Pardon?" I said in disbelief and he shook his head and grunted annoying.

"Fuck..well I don't—- I think I left my Id at home but you get the idea that I'm a cop right?" He said trying to convince me.

I looked at his name tag and see it written, 'Jack'

Why is he so angry? That's another reason why I won't let him in.

"What's your name." He said calmly suddenly and I stared at him in confusion again.

"Excuse me?" I said and he looked down at my name tag pin on my shirt and he nodded.

"Dana huh. Well listen Dana I'm a very trusted cop and I really need to go into that room." He said and smiled.

"You can ask one of the cop members on your team to show me their Id to let you in." I said replying softly and watched as his expression look uneasy.