Chapter 23 - His Mama

Dana's pov -

I took a small sip of the purple flower tea. The tea tasted amazing. I sat there on the sofa. My small feet dangling off cuz I couldn't touch the floor all the way. Embarrassing.

I already did too much. A small memory of a few minutes ago flood my mind; I blurred out random words and he was just staring intensely at me and when I realized what I said I pulled back and sat in another sofa. He was across me.

I didn't dare to look at him knowing I blurred stup— non needed words before and he probably hates me now. He probably thinks I'm mega weird. Which isn't that big of a deal.

I just hope he doesn't hate me. I'm a bit empty up here. I took another sip of my tea and stared at my lap.

I felt his cold gaze burning in my direction. I took a tiny glance at him and squeal as I see him still staring.

I shot my head down to my lap. I hear a soft chuckle. "Hon, how did you guys meet?" Rafael's mom said.

I smiled and glance up at her. She probably find me so unique. As I should.

How did we meet? Do i remember? "Um at the hospital he w-was wo-working" I said stuttering which I tried to stop but i physically couldn't. I find myself so cringy when I stutter but it's not my fault my meds are finished.

"Oh okay. I see. Do you live alone?" She said smiling and took a sip of her tea and I shook my head softly. "No no, i-I'm n-not allowed to. I-I live with my o-older brother." I said softly and took a sip of my tea.

"Oh! That's nice. Rafael lives alone. He bought me this huge house for no reason. I'm one person." She chuckled and shook her head and I smile at her.

He bought her this? He lives alone? So like isn't he scared? Or her?

"I don't like being a-alone.." I said tenderly at her and she looked at me chuckling. "Understandable. You should come here more because I'm always alone." She said taking a sip of her drink and I nodded.

"Where are your parents? Live alone?" She said with a curious expression and I felt my insides turn.

I looked down at my drink. I can feel my heart pounding against my chest, I can feel my legs feel numb. I can feel my hands and feet began to shake softly.

"N-no, they...t-they l-live back I-in my country." I said lowly with a quiet voice. I don't like showing my weakness, it's cringy in my opinion.

I lifted my head and smiled brightly at her and she looked at me with a frown and worried expression.

Don't give me a motherly look or else I'll cry!! I miss mama.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Sorry I'm asking so many questions." she said and I giggled. "It's okay, don't apologize." I said.

After we talked for an hour— it felt like an hour. Rafael left us awhile ago. He got bored and left somewhere in the house.

As I was talking to her I noticed my hands vibrating violently. No, this isn't good.

They can't see this. I excused myself in the bathroom and fell to the floor. I couldn't feel my hands.

My heart was beating violently too. I need to leave now.

I get up slowly and held onto the sink. I splashed some water on me and quickly get out. I sneaked towards the door and get greys coat and put on my shoulder. I couldn't even put my shoes on cuz of my shakyness so I grabbed my shoes with my hands and rushed out.

I felt bad for not saying anything and leaving suddenly. It's rude. But i can't have them seeing me in this state.

I jogged out the house and held onto the coat. Once I was on a unfamiliar road and far away I collapsed on the floor shaking badly. I grabbed my numb hand to my chest where my heart is and started to count in my head slowly and softly.