Chapter 36 - Tensed up.

Dana's pov -

I pout as I felt so sleepy. I had to wake up at 3am to get to work today. Since the murders of the poor women our schedules have been rough. I just want sleep.

I woke up at 2:01 to get ready. I was hesitant to ask Grey. Maybe he's sleeping and I'm disturbing him.

I'll just go in the bus today— shoot it might to early for a bus. I frown and groan. I have to walk.

I walked in the dark in the winter night. It's morning but very very early. Basically the middle of the night to anyone sleeping. But work time for me.

As I walked down the empty sidewalks with no cars rushing around I felt calm. I listened to some soft lofi music in the meantime.

I looked down to change to a different logo music. But gasped when someone bumped into me kinda harsh and that caused me to drop my phone. I turn to the person with a confused expression.

I see a familiar rude face. It's that officer that came to the hospital and demanded to go into the victims room but he didn't have an ID and made a whole fuss.

Jack— yeah his name was Jack.

"Oh my bad, you headed to the hospital I'm guessing?" He said with a smile that I didn't trust.

I blankly looked at him and picked up my phone and he nervously laughed. "Damn! I'm so fucking sorry about the phone lemme make it up to you by giving you a ride." He said stepping closer and I rolled my eyes.

"No thanks and it's ok." I murmured and looked down and sadness covered my phone immediately. My phone is broken.

Aw.. :(

"So can I give you a ride as a pat?" He said but I don't trust this, 'officer'

If grey didn't know him then that's enough to scare me away from this random man.

"It's fine." I said under my breath and plugged my headphone back in and started to walk but he didn't let me and started talking again.

"Let me give you a ride please. It's dark and cold." He said smiling very joyously. But last time I remember, he didn't like me.

I'm no white girl in the movies and mindlessly wonder to a random persons car and get killed.

Hell nah.

"Can you please stop, I said I'm good." I said giving a forced smile and spoke passive aggressively.

I looked away from him and slowly began to walk. After a couple of seconds a random old car that looked shaggy and broken stopped infornt of me when I was crossing the sidewalk to another.

The window rolled done to the same Jack dude. "Get in!! Don't wanna miss it." He yelled and I clenched my fists.

I'm not going to get framed again.

"Leave me alone." I said calmly and was going to walk around the car but he only drove up further blocking my way.

"You know im being kind!" he spited out loudly and I took in a deep breath. I kicked the tire of the car and immediately regretted it because it hurt so bad.

"Stop. It!!" I said angry now and went around. This never happened to me before. Why is it happening now.

"You'll regret this! You're going to pay soon! HE SAW YOU! YOU'RE N—" he yelled but I plugged my headphones in and ignored him.

I arrived to work after awhile and took a deep breath in.

I don't even know that man. Amazing isn't it!! Note the sarcasm.