Chapter 34 - Slow Burnerrrr

Danas pov -

"You're welcome darlin' "

His words surprised me. I felt like a million things were running around in my stomach. Is that even a good thing? Eh. To me it is.

He said darling!!!! What does that mean!

I can't process this properly. Did I even hear it right. I'm definitely delusional. For sure I am.

"Darling??" I said confused and he looked at me and back to Sam who brought his drink over.

"Mhm." He said plainly and took a sip of his drink. I still stared at him in shock. In disbelief.

He's totally messing with me..

But would this man look like the type to mess around?

No right.

"U-um grey..uh.." I said trying to think of saying something. Anything! But nothings clicking.

🥀🔥🥀🔥🥀🔥🥀🔥🥀

Rafael's pov—-

I am trying to hold it together. But the anger inside of me is spreading like a wild fire thought my body.

I want to know what really happened in the library with those fucker.

The security cameras were cut off so I didn't get to see the full scene of what she said.

But I swear to fucking lord— of what she said was true— and everything she said that happened was actually what happened, then Ryan can't hold me back from punching the fuckers.

I'm trying to stay calm as much as I can. I can't scare her. It would fucking kill me inside if I see any fear inside her eyes while she ever looked at me.

Fuck what is wrong with me.

"Can you speak any languages??" She said breathing me out of my deep anger thoughts. I turn my head to her and fuck she's so close to me.

"Greek." I said while staring at her more than I usually do. She's fucking killing me. I have never had these emotions before, I swear I'm not fucking pregnant with hormone problems.

Her big doe eyes look excited and she loves even closer to me.

Fuck don't do that. Don't come closer.

"Say something in Greek" she said smiling widely and I take in a moment to admire her face.

She's fucking with me.

"se plígosan aftoí oi gamiménoi? giatí me enochleí tóso polý." I spoke mindlessly with slight anger filling every limb of my body again.

(Translation: did those fuckers hurt you. why am i so fucking bothered by it?)

She looked at me impressed. She giggles softly and fuck was that a new feeling. Just someone giggling could do many things? That's new.

"I bet you called me beautiful." She said and softly bit down on her lip with a smile. My turn?

Fuck is wrong with me.

"I could easily say that to you in English." I said with no emotions but stared at her eyes and down to her lips.

Her smile dropped as her cheeks looks flushed red. She moved slightly back and a soft smile on her plump lips has formed.

Did I really fucking say that.

"Say it then." She said meekly. I didn't know why but my brain felt like it shut off.

"You're beautiful." I said not hesitating and her cheeks turned a even darker pink than before. Does she know she's fucking blushing.

What—? Does she fucking like it? Shit.

"Thanks handsome." She said and a shy smile reached her lips. I looked away immediately and saw Sam come to us and slides over a cheese pizza and her drink.

I watched as her big bright eyes glowed with joy and excitement. She turns to me as she takes a small bite. She pulls the plate towards me and tilted her head.

"Wan some?" She said with curiosity filled in her bright hazel eyes. They look more green right now.

I shake my head and looked away from her and took a sip from my glass.

"Ugh today was busy, the new man that started working is a douche!" Sam spoke with annoyance and rolled his eyes as he wiped the counter.

"Aw im sorry to hear that Sam." Dana said softly as she took another bite of her pizza.

My mind only drifted off to the current case. It's fucking ridiculous. He hasn't made s move. I know it's wrong to say but I just want him to make a move so I could catch his fucking ass.

I do something look through the cameras I set by Dana's window. But no fucking luck.

My team says he's in a gang but I think he works alone. Maybe he uses steps in his shoes to raise his height so we can guess he's in a gang and catch it on someone else.

The door rings indicating someone came inside the place. I couldn't care less. I continue to space off and sip my drink.

Suddenly a hand wrapped around my biceps and moved closer to the point our bodies were touching side to side.

Fire spread around my body and immediately I moved away. I look over at Dana and see a frown spread across her plump lips.

Fuck is she doing?

🥀🔥🥀🔥🥀🔥

Dana's pov -

Someone comes inside Calmz so I take a glance and my eyes lingered on the person.
It's the same tall really skinny man that i hit my tote bag with.

He has that same stained black hoodie and black jeans like it was falling off. He also had the same black mask. I recognize the blood shot eyes and the slight image of his being blond hair.

I don't feel any fear. I'm not scared of him. Or maybe it's cuz Grey is here besides me. Unknowingly my arms wrapped around something muscle and hard. Weird description I know.

My stool was literally touching his so my side was touching his side. I slightly jump but he pulled away quickly. I snapped out of it and looked at him in shock as a frown reached my lips.

Did I— did I do that? Shoot!

I didn't even realize. I was too busy looking at the mystery man that I hit the other day.

"I-..im so sorry.." I said with a low soft tone. I hope he doesn't arrest me for harassment.

Damn twins—

No no Dana not the time for dark jokes.

He stares at me and he looked relaxed again and moved towards me again.

I look down at my fingers and played with them. I feel so stupid.

I see him get up and pull his stool in. He puts his phone in his pocket and says buy to Sam.

He looks at me and locked both his arms on each side of me. Trapping me in between him. He trapped me against his arms and I kept staring down guilty.

"Look up." His voice said with demand. I kept looking down while I kick my feet back and forth on the high stool.

I shouldn't be liking this .

——
I love slow burn 😏
Her outfit-

——I love slow burn 😏 Her outfit-