Chapter 11 - Deal With a Devil

Dana's pov -

"Can I make a deal with you. It's important. It's for work. I just keep coming in a bit late. And I need a ride. So i was wondering...if you could take me in the mornings and when my shift is done..?" I said while playing with my scarf.

He stared at me blankly making me extra nervous for his answer.

I know this is very very 'not halal mode' but it's not that bad. It's not like I'm his anything.

Or will be.

Yeah! It's not like I have any bad intentions like asking him out, or be his girlfriend. No way is it like that.

It's simple as, I just need a ride. My brother won't ever. I don't know no one else to give me a ride and nor do I want to ask anyone else.

He's also a fbi so it's totally safe. I trust this process, I would say "I trust him" but I feel like I'm committing to something big.

It's better to stay safe than sorry.

I guided my eyes back at him softly. He hasn't responded like he's contemplating about this.

I would too if I were meeting me.

I sighed and spoke, "I'll pay you.." I mumbled a bit disappointed. I would need to do extra shifts if I have to pay him every.

I wouldn't be able to pay him for a ride back home. So I won't tell him to. I don't have that much money for rent, bills, food and him.

"Time." He said coldly suddenly. I began to speak, "usually early in the morning like, 7:45 i should start going and by 8 I should be there..."

He began to reach into his back pocket and get something out, and it was a phone. He hands it to me right before opening it and clicked some buttons.

I stared at it confused and took the phone confused. Then it clicked to me. He wants my number! Oh that's a scary move mr grey.

What if Bilal finds out? What if he sees his number. I would be send back to my country.

I should tell Grey not to tell Bilal. I've never done this so I better be careful.

It's funny how I still don't know his name.

I typed my number in with regret thoughts wrapped around my mind. Once I typed my number and saved it. I handed it back to him.

"Here, and you don't have to come afterwards, it would be too late." I said.

I see him typing on his phone something, then my phone dings somewhere in the room. I look behind me and see it on the sofa.

I quickly get to it and pick it up. I read the new messages popped up. It was a unknown number, him most likely.

I clicked it and see him typed, 'hi.' why did that hit different? Maybe he doesn't talk a lot but texts a lot.

I typed back, 'hi Grey!' I hope that wasn't too cringy. embarrassing.

"I'll text you tomorrow when I'm
ready—" I turned around and stopped speaking as I see no one by the door anymore.

Aw he left. Man who will I bother now..

I quickly rush out the car that honked about four times already. This man is going to be hit with a hanger.

Nah I wouldn't do that.

Lie

I get my bag and head out immediately.

Luckily Bilal left this morning before me. I get closer to the car and put my hand on the handle and I opened it.

I sat down and looked at him with a sorry face. "Sorry I woke up kinda late.." I said nervously laughing.

He shook his head, "wasting my damn time" he said in a cold harsh tone and started took a sharp tone.

"Chill Mr. Attitude, you don't need to be that harsh.." I mumble but he heard clearly. He started to speed making me hold onto the seat.

I closed my eyes and held the seat tightly. He's going to kill me.

"slow down!" I said loudly so he can hear me. The windows were down so the wind coming in made it hard to hear anyone.

"Stop!" I yell again so he can hear me. I felt the car turn into a sharp turn again. Shoot! My seatbelt.

I'm going to fly out of the car and die. I quickly get a hold of something and closed my eyes.

What the hell am I holding. It's very..hard. And my small hands can't even wrap around it. Even with both hands on it wrapped for dear life.

We started to slow down so I opened my eyes slowly and still held this thing. I look at what I'm holding and see my hands wrapped around his buff biceps.

My eyes widen in horror and pull away.

"Oh god!!!" I squeaked out and stared at him in pure shocked.

On the other hand, he was just casually driving again like nothing happened. His expression though was something else.
The corner of his lips had lifted but quickly dropped after a few seconds.

"You almost killed me, and you're a cop" I said rolling my eyes.

"A fbi" he said coldly and I looked at him already annoyed by him.

"Gee I'm sorry I meant fbi." I said sarcastically. And he nodded.

"That's alright." He said I felt like I was going to strangle him.

"I never said sorry you jerk." I said and looked away.

"Yeah you did." He said making the car go silent. "No I didn't." I said denying something I know I did.

Why should I prove he's right. I don't wanna.

After a few minutes I look up and see the hospital, I take my purse out and get my wallet but there's only a few money.

"Im sorry I just— how much—" I spoke but a hand was placed ontop of mine which was holding my wallet. His huge vainly tatted hand engulfed my hand but he immediately pulled away.

I didn't get to proceed the touch at all. It did feel kinda rough for a second.

"I don't want it." He said and reached over again and opened the handle to the door.

I sat there shocked still.

"O-okay.." I said softly and slowly start to get out.

I looked down at my hands and were slightly shaking.

I did take the meds but I guess this because of the sudden touch.

Am I going to haram prison for letting him just do that.

I stood there like an idiot baffled at what happened.

——

Sorry it's short. I was traveling.