Chapter 17 - Plump Lips ~

Dana's pov -

What is Bilal calling me for? My legs unknowingly bounced up and down as a nerve ticked: am I in trouble?

I looked as he slowly drove into the small apartment parking lot. Once he set the car on parked I give him a big smile.

"Thanks for the day Grey. It was fun knowing your name." I said and he didn't respond nor look my way and just stared at the parking lot ahead with no expression as usual.

I was getting used to it.

"Bye bye." I said and get out the car and closed the door softly. I then started to walk to the apartment and turned my head to look back at his car. It's still there.

His windows are black so I can't see if he's looking at me or not.

I approached my door and went in. I rushed to the window and see him wait a few seconds and drove off.

I smile and turned around. "Bilal?" I said politely and I can hear footsteps coming towards the tiny living room.

He came out the tiny kitchen and nodded at me. He had some mail in his hands so he tossed it to the sofa.

"Who were you with? You said you were at a cafe." He said sternly and my blood ran cold.

"W-with a f-friend..she wanted some coffee." I said while pinching myself multiple times for lying.

I'm sorry Allah.

He nodded slowly, he looked convinced. "Don't get attached to these white people. These non Muslims are toxic and can get you into Haram things." He said scolding and walked towards me and I nodded.

I felt angry at his words for some reason. Not everyone is bad. Just because they aren't Muslim? No no. He's wrong.

I kept quiet and take it in like I always do. "Yes" I said simply and kept my mouth shut.

"Anyways, the fucking bills came in. I need 1k in total." He said with his hand out infront of me.

I gulped and looked at him. "Well? Hurry." He said and I looked down at his hand out. I did get paid yesterday, I used some today and now I have to give the rest to him?

"U-um i got paid yesterday and I have my save up but I was going to use it for my med—" he immediately cut me off.

"You're not listening to me Dana. Give me the money. All of it." He said serious and I bit my lips. I get my tote bag and take out my wallet. I take out 700$ I had only. I had 700$ in total, including save ups and my paycheck money.

He frowned at the money I handed him. "Dana I said 1k. Is this a joke? Don't be selfish. Give me the money or else I won't take you to your doctors." He said looking pissed off.

"I'm not lying. This is all I have!" I said defending myself. He shook his head. "Raise your voice again and you'll see what I'll do." He said in pure anger.

I gulped my guilt down. "I'm sorry." I said and dropped my head down softly.

"You know what. If I don't get the rest by tomorrow I'm going to—- well you'll see what I'll do to you." He said and I nodded. What got me confused is 1k.

Our bill isn't that high. well it's high but not that high. He is lying?

He's all bark and no bite. No offense.

He turned around to go but I stopped him. "B-but my medicine money. I have to go by today or tomorrow." I said pinching myself for asking.

"Dana I'm not taking you, nor do I want to hear some rotten doctor tell me your sickness over and over again. I'm sick of it. At this point...deal with the pain" he said and put on his shoes.