Chapter 26: Broken

*ELENA'S POV*

I walk in the house crying.

I can't beleive he'd end things. I thought no matter what went down, he'd stay.

I see my brother on the couch drinking a beer, two empty cans on the coffee table.

"Why the fuck are you crying? Your little boyfriend break up with you?"

"Watch your fucking mouth Enzo."

"Go back and be his little whore."

My body tenses.

"I understand your fucking mad but there's no need to slut shame your own fucking sister." I walk towards him.

"I know, i'm sorry." He shakes his head resting his head in his hands.

He then starts sobbing, his cries ringing through my ears.

I don't know what to do.

"I'm sorry." I whisper slowly walking towards him.
"I'm sorry for lying to you."

He looks up at me through tears as i sit next to him.

"I'm sorry you felt like you had to keep it from me."

I wrap my arms around him as we hug.

"I hate his fucking guts."

I stay silent because right now, i also hate his guts.

I don't understand why he would break up with me. We were going so well.

Him and Enzo will one day make up. Maybe. And even if they don't at least me and Charlie could help each other through this. But now we're all alone.

~~

I wake up to my alarm, i look around as me and Enzo fell asleep on the couch.

"Shit." He whispers waking up rubbing his eyes. We both rush around the house getting ready for school because we have a test today.

I really don't want to go. I don't want to see Charlie.

I pull on a black hoodie and light purple loose trackies.

I leave my hair down pulling my hood up to hide my red eyes.

"Ready?" Enzo asks and i nod.

We get into the car driving in silence. I look out the window my mind wondering.

'Why do you hate me so much Elena?'
'Your mine and mine only to touch.'
'Your so beautiful.'

I wipe my tears as we pull into school.

Me and Enzo walk down the halls and as he's at my locker i see Charlie walking down the corridors.

He has his black hood up, his hands in his pant pockets. He glances at me, tears in his eyes.

I break eye contact holding back my tears.

He then bumps into someone.

"Watch where your fucking going." He yells pushing the guy into a locker punching him making everyone in the halls look.

He lets the guy go turning around looking at everyone.

"Stop staring and go fuck yourselfs." He rumbles as it echoes in the halls before walking into the bathroom.

He's hurting really bad.

Me and Enzo wonder our way into class sitting at the back next to eachother preparing for the test.

Charlie walks in the class and everyone looks up at him before looking anywhere else. He starts walking down the isle but the teacher calls him back.

"Sit here please." She says pulling a table away from others in the front.

"Why?" He grumbles.

"Schools order."

He sighs sitting down.

The teacher hands the test around and we all begin.

I can feel eyes on me the entire time. I know it's Charlie.

I look up at him and he quickly looks away. I watch as he snaps his pencil in half grabbing his test and ripping it up as he stands and storms out the classroom.

Me and Enzo glance at eachother with sad eyes.

There's a bunch of banging coming from the halls as the teacher calls the principal.

"Hi principal, Charlie walked out of class."

"He hasn't acted out like this in years." Enzo whispers.

"You need to talk to him."

"N-"

"If you don't make up with him you know he'll go back down that path again."

The same path when he was fourteen and he left home. The same path that nearly got him sent to juvenile prison for a year.

"I'm still mad at him." Enzo says.

"Why?"

"Because he lied to me."

"I told him to lie and you know it. He's your best friend and if you don't trust him with me then clearly no one can meet your standards."

Enzo's eyes harden as he stands up.

"Enzo, i wouldn't go out there." The teacher said.

"He's my best friend." Enzo mutters opening the door and walking out.

Tears threat my eyes. It's all my fault Charlie's hurting so badly.

When we were fourteen and he first left his parents he acted like this every day. He was only nice to Enzo and i guess me, even though we bickered.

He would storm out of class, get called by the principal, yell at everyone, get into fights.

He was in so much pain and it was the only way he could release it. He got over it all eventually, i assume Enzo helping. But watching him get like this kills me to my core.

I just hope him and Enzo make up.

I pull my phone out and message Savannah. I miss her and i really could use someone right now.

Enzo is kind of a dick in this whoops