Chapter 11: Of course

*ELENA'S POV*

Of course this happens to me.

Of course.

I went to Savannah's house but then as we were waiting at a bus stop to go shopping at this mall really far away, a boy came and picked her up. She said 'It was her only opportunity to hang out with him.'

And he had a two seater car, so here i am. Alone, in the middle of nowhere. Freezing. Cold.

There is no building, just paddocks and a forrest in the distance. I stand under the bus-stop but that doesn't shelter me from the pelting rain.

I shiver and pull my phone out.

I've been ignoring Charlie since my shower one week ago. I can't get the image out my head. The way he caressed my body with his rough hands but yet so gentle.

Whenever i cry i like to be held or comforted and for some reason he's always that person which i really hate. I'm surprised he doesn't use it against me when we bicker.

I stare at his contact before ringing it.

"What's wrong, Elena?" Charlie's voice echos in my ear. I stay silent as anxiety overcomes me.

I'm so, so far from home. Atleast two hours. He won't be happy.

"Elena?" His voice softens as i remain silent.

"Can you come pick me up?" I whisper wrapping my arms around me further trying to get some type of warmth and comfort.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at a bus stop."

"Which one?"

I gulp, "The o-one near the far-away mall." He knows what i mean.

"For fucks sake, Elena what the hell are you doing there?"

"Um i was with Savannah but a boy came and picked her up."

"Fucking hell."

I softly sniffle sitting on the bench as the rain gets heavier and i get colder.

"You okay?" He asks softly.

"Y-yeah. I'm just scared and cold." I shiver.

"I'll be there as quick as i can, keep your phone on you."

"Thank you."

I hang up and try to calm myself down as tears trickle down my cheeks.

That two hour trip quickly turned into 40 minutes with Charlie. How many laws did he break?

He pulls over and quickly steps out the car coming to me.

"Are you hurt?"

I shake my head standing up with a shiver as he now gets soaked in rain.

"Come on." He opens the car door for me and i climb in buckling myself while he gets in and starts the car.

He blasts the heater and puts the seat warmers on.

My booty is on fire.

"Care to explain?" Charlie rumbles gripping the steering wheel tighter as his knuckles are white.

"I already told you what happened." I whisper looking out the window.

Tears silently run down my cheeks. I don't even know why i'm upset.

I think the whole surgery thing, Savannah leaving me stranded, Enzo leaving and my mum leaving has all caught up to me and i'm so exhausted.

Charlie's hand softly grips my chin and turns it to him as he wipes my tears before lowering his hand and looking back at the road.