Chapter 10: Private

*CHARLIE'S POV*

I pace outside of the x-ray room anxiously awaiting what the doctors are going to say. God i hope she's okay.

If she's dead, i'm dead. So she better fucking live.

A man comes out the room and i instantly go to him, "What's wrong with her? Is she okay?"

"She has a burst appendix and will need to have emergency surgery."

"Surgery?"

"Yes."

Fuck i feel so sick. I lean against the wall as my breath quickens.

"Now calm down, she will be okay. It's about an hour long surgery and then she will be all good."

"Okay. Can i get her a private room?"

"Sure, go to the front de-."

I give him my credit card.

"Pay for it all." I growl. He can do it himself.

"Go down the hall and to the left and there's an empty room. You can wait there until she is done and is awake."

"Thank you."

I follow his instructions and enter the empty room. I flick the light on and sit in the chair that's there.

My legs bounce anxiously as i pick at my skin.

I pull my phone out and call Enzo. I got so caught up i forgot to call him.

"Hey, what's up?" His voice rings in my ear.

"Elena's in hospital."

"Are you shitting me? What the fuck is she okay? What's wrong? Charlie. Tell me. Is she dead? God do i have a dead sister. I knew i shouldn't of gone."

"She has a burst appendix and is in surgery right now. They said she will be okay."

"God i'm coming home."

"No your fucking not. Stay. Finish your shit."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, i've got her."

"Thank you."

"It's okay."

We say our goodbyes before i slide my phone in my pocket. I softly fiddle with Woofy in my hands, the stuffed animal looks so much smaller than it does in Elena's hands.

I feel so horrible and my mind won't stop racing. This will be a long fucking hour.

~~

The door opens as a bed is wheeled in a sleeping Elena laying on it.

"Is she okay?" I look at the doctor.

"Yes she's all well. Surgery went good and she should wake up soon. She has to stay here for two nights first before she can come home."

"Okay thank you."

"Call if you need anything."

I nod before she leaves, me and Elena alone.

I softly brush my fingers over her hand as an iv drip is in.

I can't believe this happened. It all happened so quickly.

When i first heard her in her room i thought she was having sex and i was really fucking jealous.

I'm not sure which i would prefer, sex or surgery.

Se- surgery. Sorry.

I softly kiss her hand before leaning my head on the bed. I close my eyes and just wait for her to wake up.